Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have a few questions about chain guides. 1st of all, which one should i get? I like the simplicity of Gamut or Mrp, and i do prefer my bikes to be light. Price does not really matter. 2nd, i have a chameleon, no iscg mounts, so should i install an adapter or run the other style where the boomerang goes inbetween the external bb cup and the frame? Pics would be appreciated. peace.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Get an ISCG guide with an e-type adapter. More versatility if you ever do get an ISCG frame, and IMO they're easier to set up and work with.

I've had both MRPs and e13s. I like my e13s a lot. They are quiet and work well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Single of dual rings

mtb4life45 said:
Hey, i have a few questions about chain guides. 1st of all, which one should i get? I like the simplicity of Gamut or Mrp, and i do prefer my bikes to be light. Price does not really matter. 2nd, i have a chameleon, no iscg mounts, so should i install an adapter or run the other style where the boomerang goes inbetween the external bb cup and the frame? Pics would be appreciated. peace.
Are you going to be running a Dual ring set up? if so, here is another alternative…. Unlike the e-13 of MRP it controls the top of the chain and the bottom of the chain…. Plus moves with the derailleur.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.