Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My E13 DRS back plate keeps slipping due to impact, and eventually moves up to where it is contacting my chainstay. Also, I've broken a few outer guards from impact, so I'm kinda over it. Is there anything like this available to me?

This is the Granny Sandwich from the 2001 Rocky Mountain Slayer

edit: 2011 Slayer

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
I'd rather ruin a few bash guards or slip a guide than damage a frame. ISCG tabs are meant to shear before frame damage. I don' think mtb's are designed for continual heavy impacts. Might want to adjust you riding style, go for a taller BB frame or ride a moto.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
How is your backplate slipping if it's attached to ISCG tabs?

We've had this product for awhile, the XCG. It is similar to what Rocky is doing on the Slayer, but ours adds bash protection (designed for triple cranks or 2x10 cranks with no crank mounted bash). You could always remove the skid from our product and have what they're offering.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NoahColorado said:
How is your backplate slipping if it's attached to ISCG tabs?
Well the holes in the backplate are sloted so that the plate can be rotated slightly around the BB - even with the bolts torqued to spec, my plate has rotated under a few heavy impacts. I see a lot of scars on the leading edge of the large, square-shaped rocks on my favorite trail - so I assumed that other people are hitting them with whatever chainguide they're running.
Keen, you bring up a good point - I'll need to check clearance to see if the edge of a large square hit could fit in between my bash and rear tire and contact the chainstays

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.