Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI all,

I'm riding an '08 Intense SS and as yet have not fitted a chain guide, as i'm running a double ring set-up and have been wavering about the DRS, and have not been able to find much out about suitable products.:madman:

I came across the Wicked Racin' Dualrailleur last week, and have sourced one direct, with a guarenteed refund if any fitting issues.

https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/chain-guide/product/dualrailleur-guide-30973

It seems to be the perfect product for me, and is fairly discrete / inoffensive looking.

Does anyone have any experience, or have heard from anyone with experience?

Any other advice for a chain guide on the SS, escpecially the E.13 DRS?

Thanks.

·
1,113 Posts
If you want a lighter setup that works great and is inexpensive.

Blackspire stinger. Lighter and works great. Saves weight over the e13 drs.

Not sure of the SS front Der setup. Blackspire Can be modified to work with e-type front der.

Then run whatever bash you like.

That wickin racing setup does looks pretty slick though!

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome feedback, thanks guys, a bunch of helpful chaps on the intense forum also suggested the stinger, so looks like thats the way to go, although the Heim things looks interesting too, but i'm only running 2xchainrings.
I'm assuming that Ds, is the 'new product' that a few guys mentioned, an E.13 stinger type product!?

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Orange-Goblin said:
Awesome feedback, thanks guys, a bunch of helpful chaps on the intense forum also suggested the stinger, so looks like thats the way to go, although the Heim things looks interesting too, but i'm only running 2xchainrings.
I'm assuming that Ds, is the 'new product' that a few guys mentioned, an E.13 stinger type product!?
I ran the Heim guide with only 2 rings. Thats what most guys do, two rings and a bash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.