• No. 3 chain rings.

Votes: 10 10.5%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't list that as a poll option...

Because here on Kauai it's too steep to climb with one ring... There's no such thing as a "single ring" "AM" bike where I live...

·
Registered
212 Posts
i use an lrp made by mrp. it is for two rings. it works very well. i have done a slolom race with it with no problems

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
rolling 36t ring and bash guard with a blackspire stinger. if not for my desire to have no derailuer, I would be rolling 36-24 and bash guard

·
Registered
197 Posts
I also run a single ring with a bash sandwich, but if I needed the front derailleur, I would most likely run an E-13 chain guide.

·
Scooterist
1,211 Posts
Anything but an E-13 - too much plastic.
plastic fantastic!

32 up front, bye bye to droping the chain when it gets gnarly. Never had a problem with the gears being to high or too low. I dont ride it on gravel or tarmac, its great for technicle terregn.

:cool:

·
ronniering guy
27 Posts
I've been running a Ronniering for years and it works great in the rocks and technical climbing.There is nothing hanging in the way to get damaged when you start slamming rocks.Have'nt dropped a chain in years.
www.ronniering.com

·
"Clatto Verata Nicto"
93 Posts
I've been using an E13-DRS for a couple of years and it has done the job, but never really fit my Reign very well. It has needed modification of the back plate and a lot of bearing maintenance. No problem with any of the plastic parts, though the rubber roller has issues with some chain lubes.

Has anyone used the WickedRacin Dualrailleur?

It looks like the tall inner plate on the roller mount would provide similar protection as the Ronniering for drops off the granny.

The Dualrailleur looks like a unique approach to keeping the chain from jumping off the rings. I'd be curious how much weight it adds over that of the stock derailleur.

If anyone could provide some first-hand feedback it would be nice to hear how it worked for you.

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
MTBKauai said:
Because here on Kauai it's too steep to climb with one ring... There's no such thing as a "single ring" "AM" bike where I live...
So I guess they don't sell SS bikes in Five-O.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TexReign said:
I've been using an E13-DRS for a couple of years and it has done the job, but never really fit my Reign very well. It has needed modification of the back plate and a lot of bearing maintenance. No problem with any of the plastic parts, though the rubber roller has issues with some chain lubes.

Has anyone used the WickedRacin Dualrailleur?

It looks like the tall inner plate on the roller mount would provide similar protection as the Ronniering for drops off the granny.

The Dualrailleur looks like a unique approach to keeping the chain from jumping off the rings. I'd be curious how much weight it adds over that of the stock derailleur.

If anyone could provide some first-hand feedback it would be nice to hear how it worked for you.
Don't know about the weight, but I have been running one on my Bullit for about a year and haven't lost a chain yet and I was having lots of problems before. The chain even stays on in bad crashed! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts