Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am runing 3 rings right now,I want to get a chain guide to run 2 rings with it.
I do not know wich one to choose,the difference in price is @40/50 dol. beteween the LRP and the E-13.Is the E-13 that much better?And why...?
And also do I need to get a bigger B/B to fit the chain guide?
Thank you very much for your help with this issue.....

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
I'm running the E13 DRS on my Bullit and am very happy with it. So far I've used it with 2 different crank systems.

On reason I didn't buy the LRP is that the bash guard on it is thin and is prone to bending, or it was. They may be thicker now, but when I bought my guide they were thin.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'll second the E13 DRS

cheloco said:
I am runing 3 rings right now,I want to get a chain guide to run 2 rings with it.
I do not know wich one to choose,the difference in price is @40/50 dol. beteween the LRP and the E-13.Is the E-13 that much better?And why...?
I haven't dropped a chain since I put it on. I smacked a rock HARD and I mean HAAARD and it only took a little piece out of the bash guard. A metal one would have folded or been destroyed. It's very quiet too. It's on an '04 Bullit.

·
noMAD man
12,110 Posts
I'll vote for the LRP, and here's why.

cheloco said:
I too think the E13 is a stronger more bombproof item. However, since many of us around where I live have been using the LRP for quite awhile, I haven't seen any failures or "folded" bash rings. This leads me to speculate that the LRP is sufficient for the kind of impacts that a bash ring will usually take. I guess what I'm saying is that the E13 may be overbuilt from what is necessary, and therefore more costly. If both units were about the same price, then I'd say why not go for the E13. All of us have dings and dents in our bash ring's circumference, but no bending or breaking. We have lots of rocks and some pretty decent riders, so the rings have been challenged fairly well. The E13 is most likely superior, but I can recommend an LRP with a clean conscience. The E13 just looks so burly that anything else may appear flimsy.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll thirdndt that

It's hard to touch the e13 drs, mines on an 04 bullitt and its super sweet. Very quiet compared to all metal guides. Plus the drs has a stepped lower wheel that pulls more chain when you're in your small ring so you dont have crappy chain tension when climbing. Fairly easy to set up too. I've got an sts on my hardtail too....lata

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
i know why u people *****!!! about the LRP. the LrP is usually sent with a crappy bashring that is i beleve 3 mm thick. if u spend a little more u get one that is 5mm thick. that is the one that the dude before my post has and is a lot better. i ahve a 5 mm truvativ bash guard and its never ever had a problem! also my norcos got a high standover hight so i never bash it...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
cheloco said:
look this forum is getting pretty much filled with worthless threads. use the search feature or use the santa cruz forum but please stop with the same questions three times a week. there are tons of threads on here about bullits, e13's and mrp/lrps so search and read them.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Put an E13 DRS on my 04 Bullit 3 weeks ago....

I've got a busted c-bone right now, 5 weeks old, so all I've got to do on it is pedal around th' yard & up th' driveway. Its very quiet and shifts great. My busted c-bone is the reason I got an E13. My Bullit dropped a chain as I was crankin' on th' pedal to wheelie off of a 3-4 ft drop, OTB. :eek: Whats weird is, I had heard others talk of chain droppin' problems on single-pivot bikes, but that was/is the 1st time it happened to me. :(

O'well you live & learn, IF your payin' attention.

·
noMAD man
12,110 Posts
I thought Zedro was the moderator.

dream4est said:
look this forum is getting pretty much filled with worthless threads. use the search feature or use the santa cruz forum but please stop with the same questions three times a week. there are tons of threads on here about bullits, e13's and mrp/lrps so search and read them.
LOL! Geez, dream4est, sounds like you're in the grips of a chronic attack of Bullititis...LOL! Be careful or I'll post another pic of my XC, crazy-saddle-height, Bullit...LOL! Just kidding with ya. :D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
finchy said:
i know why u people *****!!! about the LRP. the LrP is usually sent with a crappy bashring that is i beleve 3 mm thick. if u spend a little more u get one that is 5mm thick. that is the one that the dude before my post has and is a lot better. i ahve a 5 mm truvativ bash guard and its never ever had a problem! also my norcos got a high standover hight so i never bash it...
:rolleyes: What the h3ll does a bike's standover height have to do with whether or not it's bashguard will hit anything? You're thinking bb height.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts