Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
App State
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick and stupid question, and yes I have searched, I am putting a bash on my FSA Vdrive and it has a 32 tooth, but the bolts arent long enough to hold the bash and chain ring on, so do I need to by a double chain ring bolt set or a triple??? (its a 4 bolt btw)

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Okay, think about it. A double has two chainrings, a triple has three. Where does the third one go? That's right, it's a granny. Go buy the steel Truvativ 15pc chainring bolts with the dual hex heads. They come with long enough bolts and spacers if you later decide against the bash guard (they are pretty worthless on a SS as the chain does that job).

·
App State
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Way to be an ass hole man, all I did was ask a simple question that required a simple answer so I could make sure I ordered the right thing and dont have to return aything.

·
App State
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already have the bashguard, it was on another bike(its a BBG bash), and I'm going to sell it, all I did for that bike was take the big chain ring off and replaced with the bash, so I didnt need new bolts, but now the ones on this bike are to short so I need new ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.