Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
My buddy and I were actually talking about going there Saturday AM around 8:30ish.
We haven't ironed out the details yet.

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
SoloRider said:
I was thinking about 9:30 or so, Friday's looking like it might be a late night for me, and also Saturday's gonna be cold with a predicted high of 53.
I would like to check this area out...............until I confirm with the crew, I'll withhold my comments regarding an 8:30 start time:thumbsup:

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
I just got back from riding out there an hour ago. Had a coyote run out right in front of me, pretty cool.
Gotta say, the more I ride out there the more I like it. The trails were well groomed. Could see the rake marks. I might be able to hook up this Saturday for this ride.

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
Konapdlr said:
I just got back from riding out there an hour ago. Had a coyote run out right in front of me, pretty cool.
Gotta say, the more I ride out there the more I like it. The trails were well groomed. Could see the rake marks. I might be able to hook up this Saturday for this ride.
did you do a "night ride" out there?
That'd be cool.

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Bgrafk said:
did you do a "night ride" out there?
That'd be cool.
No, but been thinking about that. I was going to talk with Charlie and see what he thinks. Don't know how safe it is out there at nights not to mention that there are so many cholla heads on the trail it would be even harder to see them at night. But it would be a cool to ride those trails at night.

·
Registered
179 Posts
When I rode out there Sunday I scared me up a coyote as well. He didn't seem happy at all. A night ride out there would be interesting, like Kona said there is alot of cholla laying on the trail.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Night Riding

There are a couple of guys night riding twice a week in prep for the 24IOP. They have had no problems as it's pretty quiet there at night. If I see them this weekend I'll get some info as to when they're riding again.
When you go over the saddle there's a new section of trail that I just connected last weekend. Over the saddle go across the road as normal and take the right at the fork, after it meets back up take the fork left and follow til it meets back to the main trail. A couple of nice wash crossings. Going south it's a easy downhill, going north it's a easy climb.
I'll be there Saturday but mostly for trail work. The weather forecast doesn't look good for arthitis. Try to get the entire north trail in it was just cleaned up and is riding pretty good.

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
AKA Monkeybutt said:
I would like to check the area out also. As far as start time, I don't care. I've been getting up at 5-ish so I'll be awake. 9:30 would be warmer. I say go with the masses on start time.
----nice:thumbsup:

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
cgcharlie said:
Over the saddle go across the road as normal and take the right at the fork, after it meets back up take the fork left and follow til it meets back to the main trail. A couple of nice wash crossings. Going south it's a easy downhill, going north it's a easy climb.
quote]

Yeah, I rode that spot today. Very nice and flowing. I could tell it was fresh. There was another spot before that, that was just cut. looks like i was one of the few that have rode it. I really dig the trails out there. Riding a SS, the trails keep me on the bike so I am not stopping to catch my breath all the time. I like the climbs that i have done so far due to the fact that they are relativly short but give a nice workout and usually lead to a small downhill(ish) section and then back to a small climb. The south end is sweet. I didn't ride to much of it today but I really dug the area I did hit.
Overall, the trails out there (which are close to me so they really aren't out there) are great! Great SS material, well maintained, awesome scenery.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.