Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roel Paulissen herewith announces to end his career as a professional mountainbiker (cannondale ). Reason is the result of two anti-doping tests that were taken in june this year, in which he tested positive!

he's not the first and for sure will not be the last !:nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eliflap,
don't be....everybody does it .....sometime you win and sometime you loose
The trick is not getting caught
 

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
Joined
·
3,875 Posts
alfa75 said:
Eliflap,
don't be....everybody does it .....sometime you win and sometime you loose
The trick is not getting caught
ok agree , seems to be like you wrote in this strange world of races ...

but i want to saw this new in one simple bicycle buyer point of view like me ...

i saw Roel , i saw Cannondale mtb bike on a podium since many years , a clean podium ...not a chemical podium

so seems from todays he is no more on CFR , no more testimonial of those bikes....

so who i am goign to see when i look at a Cannondale mtb ?

Fontana ? ... with his moustaches ???? :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
first ends the hand made in usa ,now this horrible notice ,scalpels and flashs would have the world champ colors for 2011 ?doesn t make any sense ,fontana and gujan and fumic ,they arent the soul of cannondale roel was until today ,what a stupid decision with 34 years old ,nothing to win but all to loose ,thank you roel for all until yesterday ...
 

·
NEPMCPMBA President
Joined
·
928 Posts
Dr. De Boer says. "It is unlikely for athletes to knowingly use clomiphene, since there is no scientific evidence of performance improvement.
Huh? So he "failed" a drug test for a drug that has no performance enhancing qualities? What's next, people failing for ibuprofen? I know that doping is rampant in cycling, but why test for substances that have no proven performance enhancing properties?
 

·
LA CHÈVRE
Joined
·
9,429 Posts
Crappy news to hear and a crappy way to end such a great career, maybe he was too close to Filip Meirheng... whatever it's spelled. Is it the big pressure cyclists have in Belgium? Or maybe he's right and didn't take the stuff knowingly?

Anyway, Cannondale is changing a lot these days, the bikes, the buisness... The team can reflect that with Martin Gujan who can improve, Fumic is a good racer (although with a shady patch of a career) but eliflap, you surprise me, Fontana? He's italian, he's a nice funny guy with much more personality than Roel... I love Marco! He's fast but he's more than fast, he always seems to want to have fun on the bike, he's one of the few that seems to not have forgotten that he became a pro mountain biker because he actually loves riding the bike and has much better technical skills.

Roel was on his way down from the top, Fontana is on the rise... And he has a moustache, what's not to like? Look ahead... if you guys want to see a lifetime of performance on a Cannondale, look at Tinker!
 

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
Joined
·
3,875 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Crappy news to hear and a crappy way to end such a great career, maybe he was too close to Filip Meirheng... whatever it's spelled. Is it the big pressure cyclists have in Belgium? Or maybe he's right and didn't take the stuff knowingly?

Anyway, Cannondale is changing a lot these days, the bikes, the buisness... The team can reflect that with Martin Gujan who can improve, Fumic is a good racer (although with a shady patch of a career) but eliflap, you surprise me, Fontana? He's italian, he's a nice funny guy with much more personality than Roel... I love Marco! He's fast but he's more than fast, he always seems to want to have fun on the bike, he's one of the few that seems to not have forgotten that he became a pro mountain biker because he actually loves riding the bike and has much better technical skills.

Roel was on his way down from the top, Fontana is on the rise... And he has a moustache, what's not to like? Look ahead... if you guys want to see a lifetime of performance on a Cannondale, look at Tinker!
Marco Fontana is cute like a cat with claws attached to your testicles :eek: ... to translate an italian slang sentence :D

some days ago, i loved Matthew Lee in the Tour Divide with the Flah 29er :thumbsup:
 

·
likes to ride bikes
Joined
·
893 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
if you guys want to see a lifetime of performance on a Cannondale, look at Tinker!
Tinker Juarez never got caught doping, because he probably never doped. And neither did Lance Armstrong. Sorry to open that can of worms but it was bound to head there eventually.

On the other hand Jason Sager got a raw deal with Cannondale just for not showing up for a test he didn't even know he was supposed to be present for. I do applaud them for being on the strict side but that has always bothered me.

eliflap said:
Marco Fontana is cute like a cat with claws attached to your testicles :eek: ... to translate an italian slang sentence
Excellent translation, I'll try to use that in conversation as soon as possible!
 

·
LA CHÈVRE
Joined
·
9,429 Posts
TunicaTrails said:
Tinker Juarez never got caught doping, because he probably never doped. And neither did Lance Armstrong. Sorry to open that can of worms but it was bound to head there eventually.
What does Lance has to do in this discussion? :confused:

And by the way, believing Lance wasn't one of the most doped riders of the last decade is similar to believing Santa Claus exists, live in the North pole with a bunch of elves and a flying sleigh pulled by magical raindeers... We have no proof about Santa (we do about Lance) but... Let's not go on here, there is a whole section about doping in roadbikereview.com forums and about 735 threads about Lance already...
 

·
A hopped on pop.
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
amen to guys like tinker, bishop and matthew lee. i have met tinker (long ago) and his wife (a few months back) before....great people.

paulissen, just like any other doper, sucks. period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
RoyDean said:
Huh? So he "failed" a drug test for a drug that has no performance enhancing qualities? What's next, people failing for ibuprofen? I know that doping is rampant in cycling, but why test for substances that have no proven performance enhancing properties?
There are certain "substances" that "mask" the presence of steroids or other doping drugs from tests, therefore they are banned. The riders know to stay away from these if they aren't doping.
 

·
likes to ride bikes
Joined
·
893 Posts
Tinker Juarez has been cycling for a very long time, so has LA. No proof exists of their doping. Believe what you want to believe but innocent until proven guilty.

Do you have a comment about Jason Sager?

Dan Gerous said:
What does Lance has to do in this discussion? :confused:

And by the way, believing Lance wasn't one of the most doped riders of the last decade is similar to believing Santa Claus exists, live in the North pole with a bunch of elves and a flying sleigh pulled by magical raindeers... We have no proof about Santa (we do about Lance) but... Let's not go on here, there is a whole section about doping in roadbikereview.com forums and about 735 threads about Lance already...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
TunicaTrails said:
Tinker Juarez has been cycling for a very long time, so has LA. No proof exists of their doping. Believe what you want to believe but innocent until proven guilty.

Do you have a comment about Jason Sager?
or, guilty until proven innocent, which is a very sad way of dealing with subjects of this nature!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top