Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
45 gone, 15 to go
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cernitz Bike is almost finished building me a 29er. I know (yawn) another steel 29er....Plenty of builders out there. But Neil Cernitz does impressive work and he is very detail oriented. I own a couple of his cyclocross frames already.

I am quite pumped to get it regardless. Clear coat isn't done yet. In the second pic he had applied it just to the area with the bare steel. I'm looking forward to seeing the headbadge finished and installed. All of my parts are waiting...

Geometry is all custom, I have had several custom 29ers in the past and I have what I like pretty dialed. I should be ready pretty soon.

Attachments

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
Holy cow, Law's still alive (and riding)! I'd been wondering about Nathan and he showed back up a few weeks ago and I was wondering where you'd been and here you are. Sweet looking bike too! Is the seat tube semi-integrated or what? It looks like it has a lot of extension over the top tube.

·
45 gone, 15 to go
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
el-cid said:
Holy cow, Law's still alive (and riding)! I'd been wondering about Nathan and he showed back up a few weeks ago and I was wondering where you'd been and here you are. Sweet looking bike too! Is the seat tube semi-integrated or what? It looks like it has a lot of extension over the top tube.
I retired from this place. Too much to do and not enough time to post here. During law school I has time (often during class) to post here. Now I have 4 kids and just finding time to ride as often as I'd like is a challenge. Thus almost TV, no mtbr, no blogging. Just work, family and riding. Thats about it. Not a bad life.

The seat tube is regular length. He just has a wedge seat post in there to paint the frame.

·
45 gone, 15 to go
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finished!

It is nice when all you have to do when your new bike is picked up is put on pedals. Saddle height and position was perfect. Everything was dialed (except for the direction of the front tire) in accordance to my specs down to the mm. Bike handles very well. Love it.

Attachments

·