Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Who can afford cereal anymore? It's crazy-expensive.

I like mixing mine up- Post Raisin Bran (no other brand) mixed with Life and/or Honey Combs and/or Lucky Charms and/or Grape Nuts........mmmmm. Cereal Salad.

Crunch Berries, Sugar Smacks, Cookie Crisp, Lucky Charms, Corn Pops.....ahh memories of the college dining hall :cool:

Currently, it's cold oatmeal with a banana, raisins, honey and rice milk every morning. A donut has fewer calories come to think of it.

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
Guyechka said:
I bought some generic bran flakes that I add raisins to. Yummmmmmy!
I do the same. Bulk raisins and Kroger's or Safeway (or sometimes Trader Joe's) bran flakes. Nummy. Exactly as many raisins as I want and none of the extra sugar in premixed raisin bran's.

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,390 Posts
Variety

Hmmmm..... Dry stuff for warm weather: Puffed Kashi, albertsons cornflakes, albertsons corn chexoids, GrapeNut flakes, GrapeNuts, Shredded Wheat.

Cooked hot cereal: Bob's Red Mill is the ticket - just tried their creamy buckwheat, yummmm - their version of cream'O'wheat makes original seem like cardboard. Or, get an electric rice cooker and make up your favorite blend of: rolled barley, oat groats, buckwheat groats, basimati rice, wehani rice, wheat groats - any whole grain you can think of. A little butter&honey - oh, yeah.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Killer cereal

Literally but I hate bleading for breakfast so the Cap'ns out; that stuff is like eating glass!!! I eat Honey nut cherios a lot but lately Kashi Crunch or my latest Kashi Organic Promise Harvest Wheat with honey(I hate typing like some hippie veg but it's good stuff) ; good long lasting energy.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
SuperKat7 said:
What kind of cereal do you like?
Right now I'm killing a bowl of Peanut Butter Capn Crunch.
Peanut Butter Capt. Crunch myself. Dry, no milk. Eat it right out of the box. Although I've been burnt out on it lately so I've been on Bagel, cinnimin (sp??) roll kick. Weekends I make biscuits and hasbrowns.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well not a super big fan of the cereal...but i like the new special k vanilla almond. My boyfriend on the other will eat a bowl a night before bed even thought I really dont think thats such a good idea..and it's not the healthy ones either...if it's bad for you and got loads of sugar he'll eat it.Crazy kids....lol Kona.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Any whole grain low sugar cereal is good, but the best for me is old fashion oatmeal (not instant) with some freshly crushed buckwheat added for flavor and special nutrients. Also, Wheaties, Cherios, Raisin Bran etc.....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.