Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Music & Bikes
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprise not to see any around this forum , does it exists ?

Maybe that's an idea for Eightyaid.....

·
Super Moderator
3,267 Posts
Energetik said:
light weight. Destroys dirt, many times more 'round' than regular metal bearings.

Disadvantages...PRICE!!!
I would love to see the tolerances for both steel and ceramic rollers.....IE roundness accuracy to .0005" or better....?
THEN I would absolutely LOVE to see someone make a case for .000005" being infinitely better than .00005" in THIS application.
Discuss ;)
Lightweight? Negligble gain
Dirt? again I doubt thats even a factor.
Roundness? see above....

Price negates all others above, especially in this application!
CDT

·
Music & Bikes
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since Lefty's are a must for weight freaks , I'm surprise not to see any.

Advantage would be longevity and weight , but we would still have to change the plates.

I guess it would be very expensive.....

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
CdaleTony said:
88 rollers right?
Mendon, bout how big a diameter are they? As a group they cant weigh more than 100 grams......anyone have a pile of old ones laying around?
By my digital calipers, they are 1.97mm, .0775 inches, and on my Ultimate Support scale, it won't even register weight, including a heavy duty zip lock bag. That says, they're pretty light....

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Yes sir, .078ish sounds right recalling from memory.

The biggest advantage will be a better performing fork. Like it or not, any lubricant on those rollers is stiction and damping. I build all my forks dry, with a skin coat of grease to minimize corrosion. Once assembled I only use oil.

PK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.