Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...
I've been visiting and pretty nuts about the area for a bunch of years... The shops have been great help but nothing beats meeting up with a local rider (s). Im based in Rochester (camped) but riding the surrounding areas are job 1 on this vacation. I've barely scratched the surface with some riding in Waitsfield, Waterbury, Stowe, Middlebury, all so good and I prefer them to the fine but refined trails @ KT.
Thanks!

·
skiing/biking is life....
123 Posts
Hit up Dune at Green Mountain Bicycles in Rochester. They may have a group ride going out, and if not, he will point you in the right direction where to find people to ride with (or trails!)

dave

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on about Doon, I hope to meet up with them at least once. Im tenting it on a mt. above town where I learned the value of local knowledge years ago -they showed me an awesome singletrack mostly downhill that goes thru where Im camped and into town. Then Tuesday I'll join up with the FOTW ride in Waitsfield. Sunday, Snake Mountain. That leaves a bunch of days and alot of other places to ride. I want to see more of Iries trails too. Maybe check out Millstone. Anyway, Im looking to join up for an intermediate pace of 3 hours or so, anyone, or info on other shop/group rides of course greatly appreciated.
Tim

·
skiing/biking is life....
123 Posts
pedaler845 said:
Right on about Doon, I hope to meet up with them at least once. Im tenting it on a mt. above town where I learned the value of local knowledge years ago -they showed me an awesome singletrack mostly downhill that goes thru where Im camped and into town. Then Tuesday I'll join up with the FOTW ride in Waitsfield. Sunday, Snake Mountain. That leaves a bunch of days and alot of other places to ride. I want to see more of Iries trails too. Maybe check out Millstone. Anyway, Im looking to join up for an intermediate pace of 3 hours or so, anyone, or info on other shop/group rides of course greatly appreciated.
Tim
Nice! I'm still trying to find time to camp up on top of the mountain (at the clearing) and hit those same trails (Doon told me about them a few years ago, I just haven't had the chance to get to them yet!) I've been up there a bunch on my cousins snowmobile though!

have fun!!

dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.