Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Hey Beasties! I've got early afternoon plans in Oakland with the wife but I do want to get out for a ride on Saturday morning.

Any suggestions for rides in the central East Bay area in the AM?

How about JMP at 10?
How about we meet at Skyline Gate at 10? This gets us a few miles of fireroad to warm up on...

Head over to JM and do cindy and chaparell?

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
0gre said:
and since I told someone I'd be in Oakland Saturday afternoon I would love to hit the trail Saturday morning. Where is Skyline?
Just to be clear. This is the Skyline Gate entrance to Redwood park in Oaktown. It is off of Skyline rd in the oakland hills. You could take Hwy 13 and either the Park Blvd exit or the Joaquin Miller exit would work.

I could meet you somewhere and you can follow me... if you think that would help. There are lots of Cafe's and such in the Montclair neighborhood (park blvd exit) - which makes for a good meeting place.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
0gre said:
and since I told someone I'd be in Oakland Saturday afternoon I would love to hit the trail Saturday morning. Where is Skyline?
It's Here: Redwood Park, Skyline Gate

Hope to see you! BTW, it's Fiona friendly if she wants to ride too.

Poor Pimp - no riding for him.

·
Registered
631 Posts
This was the Saturday ride I was looking for... not too far, not too early, and not too late. See you guys at 10. We can grab grub in Montclair afterward, if people are game.

-Dave

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,154 Posts
Serious Ball Rot

imridingmybike said:
WTF is wrong with Pimp now???
They've gone soft and started rotting from sitting in a jar on the mantle. It's complicated by the near onset of a cancerous growth which takes 18+ years to get rid of, will eat him out of house and home, take all his money, and then be ungrateful about it when it's all over. Apparently after Dan caught it he spread it to Pimpy and K-Max.

·
Registered
631 Posts
8Trak said:
This was the Saturday ride I was looking for... not too far, not too early, and not too late. See you guys at 10. We can grab grub in Montclair afterward, if people are game.
Ack... spoke too soon, I'm probably not going to make it. Have fun,

-Dave

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
0gre said:
They've gone soft and started rotting from sitting in a jar on the mantle. It's complicated by the near onset of a cancerous growth which takes 18+ years to get rid of, will eat him out of house and home, take all his money, and then be ungrateful about it when it's all over. Apparently after Dan caught it he spread it to Pimpy and K-Max.
Sure...why don't you blame me for the broken clavicles too...

Anyway, all those who said they were coming and then didn't missed out on great weather in the Beast today. We started out with a Redwood East/West ridge loop complete with observation of a park police speeding bike sting operation on the descent to the Redwood entrance.

Chuck bailed due to shortness of time and Ogre and I continued on to JMP after having Fiona move my truck to the ranger station. Call it shuttling if you will...

From there, we did a Cindy descent, a 2-dollar hill climb (0gre made it, I didn't) a Bigtrees round a Chaparral descent and then down and across to the lookout and back to the ranger station.

Motion Based

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.