Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering... I'm pretty sure there are no Lefty hubs with Shimano's Centerock interface but I think the system is a great one and would like to get it one day. Other than Shimano, I know you can get DT hubs and Mavic crossmax with the interface but with the size of the non-drive side bearings on Lefty hubs, is it something that is just not physicaly impossible? Is the Centerlock lockring the same size as a cassette lockring? I'm tired of the 6 bolts IS design...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
The problem is that the Saint size rotor is not available in anythng smaller than 203mm at the moment.
Once theres a 180mm rotor avaialbel I think you may see a Lefty Centrelock fron thub but the issue is that Lefty's are specific to Cannondale and in relation to say Fox, not many are made to justify Shimano producing it.
However for XC I guess Cannondale could make their own CL rotor for a compatible Lefty hub.
But while 6 bolt remains popular despite it's technical inferiority, I doubt this will happen.

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
Brad said:
The problem is that the Saint size rotor is not available in anythng smaller than 203mm at the moment.
Once theres a 180mm rotor avaialbel I think you may see a Lefty Centrelock fron thub but the issue is that Lefty's are specific to Cannondale and in relation to say Fox, not many are made to justify Shimano producing it.
However for XC I guess Cannondale could make their own CL rotor for a compatible Lefty hub.
But while 6 bolt remains popular despite it's technical inferiority, I doubt this will happen.
I know they make 160mm saint rotors. And i'm not 100% sure but i think they might make them in 180" flavor as well.

·
Registered
792 Posts
shimano always has to be diferent. and then they force everybody to be different with them. does anybody know if anybody makes a lefty hub? i would like to build a new set of rims, and lefty hubs are not easy to find. any body besides cannondale making lefty hubs?

·
Super Moderator
3,266 Posts
broomhandle said:
shimano always has to be diferent. and then they force everybody to be different with them. does anybody know if anybody makes a lefty hub? i would like to build a new set of rims, and lefty hubs are not easy to find. any body besides cannondale making lefty hubs?
From the FAQ : http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=153045

ANY new hub info, someone drop it into dedicated hub thread....
:)
CDT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.