Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Two wheels are better
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, I got to meet the famous DurtGurl! And believe it or not, she is even nicer than many have reported. :thumbsup:

So, I had just finished pedaling up Mormon Loop and was on Mormon transitioning to National. Suddenly in front of me was a gnarly band of marauding downhillers. I pulled to the side to pay homage when a voice sprang forth from one of the full face helmets and said "Hey, didn't I see that bike on MTBR?"

The voice introduced herself as DurtGurl and asked if I wanted to ride down 24th Street with them and then shuttle back up? Since I had never ridden 24th Street, and I have been wanting to shuttle, I said sure.

I am not ashamed to admit that 24th Street kicked by a$$ (alright, maybe a little ashamed). I made it down, but not without going over the bars twice, and not without my forearms feeling like they were going to explode. It was pretty gnarly. Thankfully the group I was with was cool and stopped a few times to let me catch up.

We then shuttled back up to the towers at which point the rest of the crew took off down Holbert while I had to get back on National so I could get to my car.

Thanks to everyone for being cool and for DurtGurl for forcing me to pop my shuttle cherry. :eek:

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
beardedstealth said:
Thanks to everyone for being cool
Dude, they peer pressured you into doing two endo-diggers. Its the old, "come and join us" scenario. I did the same to some dude from Chicago. I don't think he ever returned to Phoenix. You could have died. :D

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
beardedstealth said:
That's right, I got to meet the famous DurtGurl! And believe it or not, she is even nicer than many have reported. :thumbsup:

So, I had just finished pedaling up Mormon Loop and was on Mormon transitioning to National. Suddenly in front of me was a gnarly band of marauding downhillers. I pulled to the side to pay homage when a voice sprang forth from one of the full face helmets and said "Hey, didn't I see that bike on MTBR?"

The voice introduced herself as DurtGurl and asked if I wanted to ride down 24th Street with them and then shuttle back up? Since I had never ridden 24th Street, and I have been wanting to shuttle, I said sure.

I am not ashamed to admit that 24th Street kicked by a$$ (alright, maybe a little ashamed). I made it down, but not without going over the bars twice, and not without my forearms feeling like they were going to explode. It was pretty gnarly. Thankfully the group I was with was cool and stopped a few times to let me catch up.

We then shuttled back up to the towers at which point the rest of the crew took off down Holbert while I had to get back on National so I could get to my car.

Thanks to everyone for being cool and for DurtGurl for forcing me to pop my shuttle cherry. :eek:
Nick - I'm glad we caught you at a moment where we could chat! I knew the bike instantly... such a purdy thing. Glad you were able to get a taste of the chunk that SoMo offers and reap the benefit of a shuttle. Pedaling is great fun, but some days it's nice to be driven to the top. BTW, 24th St is a ***** of a trail to start out on - you did great. No worries on being slow. Yesterday was actually one of the fastest bunch of shuttles I've ever been on... no mechanicals, few stops, just lots of non-stop riding. Wheeee! Hope to see you out there again :D

·
Two wheels are better
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TurtleGerl said:
beardedstealth you need a Geronimo run ... it will have you grinning ear to ear!!!
I am definitely excited to get a Geronimo and Holbert run under my belt. I have the whole week off after x-mas and my plan is to be on SoMo everyday of it. Gotta love vacation time!

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
beardedstealth said:
I am definitely excited to get a Geronimo and Holbert run under my belt. I have the whole week off after x-mas and my plan is to be on SoMo everyday of it. Gotta love vacation time!
Me too!!! Vacation means loads of riding. I will be posting up some ride invites later according to the schedule of visiting friends Mikehell and Dana. I hope we can hook up with you for more SoMo fun.

·
Two wheels are better
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DurtGurl said:
Me too!!! Vacation means loads of riding. I will be posting up some ride invites later according to the schedule of visiting friends Mikehell and Dana. I hope we can hook up with you for more riding.
That would be awesome!

By the way, I have a full size truck that seats 5 if there is ever a need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.