Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a chilly foray into Cedro this morning, up Coyote and down Chamisoso. Still a lot of muddy spots (frozen when I went), but I expect Coyote will be dry by the weekend. Not so for Chamisoso, there remain lots of snow drifts and ice and long stretches of nasty-looking mud where the trail is in shadow. Motorcycles have been riding both trails, so there is some damage from them (but not as much as you might expect). Best news is I didn't see any recent signs of ATV damage. Maybe those guys are finally getting it.

NMc

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
The FS did a lot of work last year to abate ATV use/damage on designated singletrack out at Cedro. Some of the damaged areas had already begun to recover before winter hit, maybe a pleasant surprise awaits us come spring.

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pine flat

Crankarm said:
any body know the conditions of the Pine Flat trail network?
The Bikeworks guys rode it this weekend and say its good to go but for a few wet spots, that I expect will be gone by the weekend.

NMc

·
fraid of heights
2,009 Posts
mtbike52 said:
Otero- Good to go.
Although there's still some pretty gooey stuff as you get up past the AF signs, had to carry my bike several times cause the trail was too nasty.

AND if you DO choose to ride in the mud than ride in it! Don't be a jacktard doing this crap... :madmax:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts