Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
soulfly_NYC said:
Gonzo!

Are you going soft? You had the perfect chance to tell those guys in the PSE thread that their bikes were UNDERBUILT!

...damn, i guess only the turner board get's that 'special' affection.
actually the people I ride with don't underbuild their bikes. they don't see the point, in the same way I don't see the point of underbuilds among the Homer Lemmings.

I guess it's because I ride with people who buy bikes to ride them, not to pose and preen and post innumerable pictures of those bikes' "latest upgrades".

carry on!

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
gonzostrike said:
I guess it's because I ride with people who buy bikes to ride them, not to pose and preen and post innumerable pictures of those bikes' "latest upgrades".
It's true! You save your posing for the realm of internet verbiage!!

You live in a beautiful state where bears and elk are more common than people and while I think that's a good thing, you seem to be lacking the personal touch necessary for proper self esteem amongst your peers. I can only imagine the marmots rolling their eyes and shunning you when you try to tell them how much smarter your bike build is than theirs. The rejection has left deep emotional scars.

It's starting to make sense.

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kidwoo said:
It's true! You save your posing for the realm of internet verbiage!!

You live in a beautiful state where bears and elk are more common than people
and while I think that's a good thing, you seem to be lacking the personal touch necessary for proper self esteem amongst your peers. I can only imagine the marmots rolling their eyes and shunning you when you try to tell them how much smarter your bike build is than theirs. The rejection has left deep emotional scars. It's starting to make sense.
I'd suggest you hang up your e-Shrink practice, as you're not nearly as well-qualified, nor as skilled, as you would pretend.

the red text is the only thing you got right, and you got that right because I've admitted to its truth.

good work!

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
gonzostrike said:
I'd suggest you hang up your e-Shrink practice, as you're not nearly as well-qualified, nor as skilled, as you would pretend.

the red text is the only thing you got right, and you got that right because I've admitted to its truth.

good work!
It's true, I ain't no good at the smarts. Since we'll agree on that let's also touch on this: You suck at bike riding. And this is true because I admit that. It's obvious with your unfounded attacks on people who build up very appropriate bikes for what they want to do. Just because YOU lack the finess to handle something without destroying lightweight parts, that bears no relevance to what many other on this board are capable of. I'm riding a 28lb 6 and 6 bike with all xc parts and I'd happily out climb and most certainly out descend you on just about anything. Since this makes me the expert on bikes and you an expert on admitting the obvious about where you live, I think we can reach a symbiosis here.

Keep working at it though. Maybe one day you'll be good enough to use lightweight parts on a bike with decent amounts of travel as well.

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kidwoo said:
It's true, I ain't no good at the smarts. Since we'll agree on that let's also touch on this: You suck at bike riding. And this is true because I admit that. It's obvious with your unfounded attacks on people who build up very appropriate bikes for what they want to do. Just because YOU lack the finess to handle something without destroying lightweight parts, that bears no relevance to what many other on this board are capable of. I'm riding a 28lb 6 and 6 bike with all xc parts and I'd happily out climb and most certainly out descend you on just about anything. Since this makes me the expert on bikes and you an expert on admitting the obvious about where you live, I think we can reach a symbiosis here.

Keep working at it though. Maybe one day you'll be good enough to use lightweight parts on a bike with decent amounts of travel as well.
whatever you say. your fantasy obviously entertains you, so I'd suggest hanging onto it, regardless of its veracity, despite its disconnection from reality, irrespective of its lunacy.

PS: hint for future attempts at clever put-down: (1) don't copy others; (2) make sure your "put-down" actually is derogatory; (3) make sure it has some connection to reality.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Ooh big words. I'll have to look them up sometime.

My goal is not to put you down nearly as much as it is to just point out that your frequent miscategorisations of many of the people on this board are unfounded and are merely a reflection of your own lack of skill and understanding. Derogatory or not, it is the truth. You know this, as evidenced by your simple "yoo so crazy" response.

But hey, I'll be up in whistler the last week in august and I know you make a few trips up there. Let's share a few beers and you can show me just how crazy I am. Let's take a run down any trail of your choosing. If you make it to the bottom before me, you can have my bike. If I make it first, I get to kick you in the nuts.:D

I know everything you type has very little to do with mountain biking and everything to do with debate........there's really no other excuse for the amount of time you waste on a politics board on a bike site.......hell you even put your ride pics there. Sad, yes. But when that BS finds it's way onto an actual bike thread..........well yeah okay......it's still sad.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ooh big words. I'll have to look them up sometime.

My goal is not to put you down nearly as much as it is to just point out that your frequent miscategorisations of many of the people on this board are unfounded and are merely a reflection of your own lack of skill and understanding. Derogatory or not, it is the truth. You know this, as evidenced by your simple "yoo so crazy" response.

But hey, I'll be up in whistler the last week in august and I know you make a few trips up there. Let's share a few beers and you can show me just how crazy I am. Let's take a run down any trail of your choosing. If you make it to the bottom before me, you can have my bike. If I make it first, I get to kick you in the nuts.

I know everything you type has very little to do with mountain biking and everything to do with debate........there's really no other excuse for the amount of time you waste on a politics board on a bike site.......hell you even put your ride pics there. Sad, yes. But when that BS finds it's way onto an actual bike thread..........well yeah okay......it's still sad.
Best...response to gonzo.....EVER.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
gonzostrike said:
PS: hint for future attempts at clever put-down: (1) don't copy others; (2) make sure your "put-down" actually is derogatory; (3) make sure it has some connection to reality.
I'll take the low road on Woo's behalf...............

I really wish one of those bears so common in Montana, would eat your stupid ass.

But unfortunately, bears being smarter than the average omnivore, would realize that eating your vile carcass would induce a severe case of diarhea.

Maybe you could get trampled by a herd of elk instead.

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
kidwoo said:
But hey, I'll be up in whistler the last week in august and I know you make a few trips up there. Let's share a few beers and you can show me just how crazy I am. Let's take a run down any trail of your choosing. If you make it to the bottom before me, you can have my bike. If I make it first, I get to kick you in the nuts.:D
Now that sounds like a challenge! The guy sure talks out of his ass about his mad skillz. He should have no problem with your invitation. He declined mine, but I thought he lived a bit closer. It sounds like he lives closer to you.

I like that you offer your bike up as well, but no way would he take the kick. You can tell that reading his posts. It would be what he deserves though.

Make it to the bottom first. That is all it is Gonz. It can be done up there on the trail of your choice.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.