Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it. I'm ordering a carbon 27.5 tracer. Trying to figure out if I should shell out the extra coin for the ccdba cs vs the stock Monarch plus rc3.

I like to set it and forget it. I don't mind setting up the ccdba from their website using their guide, but then i'd probably just leave it alone.

I like the idea of the rockshox for climb, ride and open. Very basic.

Is the CCDBA cs a much better shock?

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have both shocks, the 2014 M+ on a Turner and the CS on a Nicolai. The CS (IMHO) is an overall better performing shock with longer maintenance intervals, performance, tune-ability, and feel.
CC base tunes are pretty spot on, so your desire to "set it and forget it" is realistic with the CS. When the CS switch is activated it provides real low speed damping while maintaining traction. On the Tracer I seriously doubt you would ever like using the highest damping setting on the M+...it’s almost a lock out.
In addition, if you need to tweak the damping settings you can on the CS.
I'm not saying the M+ is a bad choice, but again IMHO the extra coin for the CS is well worth the added performance.

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.