Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The DHX 5 in all is a good shock but out of the box I personally would ay the CCDB is better at rapid high ferquency hits when set up right. If you already have a DHX C though Push will drastically improve the rapid stutter hit traction.

·
Registered
373 Posts
CCDB hands down....Though ive read that the vivid gives the CCDB a questionable run for its money.....

Whither its worth the extra 200some dollars is up to you....im debating that myself

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Cata1yst said:
CCDB hands down....Though ive read that the vivid gives the CCDB a questionable run for its money.....

Whither its worth the extra 200some dollars is up to you....im debating that myself
Not to be a douche but have you ever ridden a ccdb? I own one, and I can tell you that you're wrong. Its a little better, but not THAT much better. Worth the extra 200 dollars? probably not for almost everybody. It might save you a couple seconds in a race. Maybe. It wont blow your mind like most of the online world will tell you.

Also, vivid's aren't really that superior to DHX 5's in any way. They're good shocks, but they're not 28359723% better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody, been reading reviews for days and educating myself on shocks...I've had a 5th for 6 years on my bullit, but decided I don't like the dead feel anymore, pedaling feels like lard ass, it screams thru high freq stutter tech, but I think pedaling, hucking and general fr will be more fun with a dhx5 09 just to put a little boing in it....

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
bullit44777 said:
Thanks everybody, been reading reviews for days and educating myself on shocks...I've had a 5th for 6 years on my bullit, but decided I don't like the dead feel anymore, pedaling feels like lard ass, it screams thru high freq stutter tech, but I think pedaling, hucking and general fr will be more fun with a dhx5 09 just to put a little boing in it....
Not trying to dissuade you from buying a DHX 5 (I think its a great shock) but you can set the CCDB up to not feel dead. If your CCDB feels dead its because you're running too much LSC.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks w42, I hear the 09dhx has new valving, do you think its decent
for high freq? Also, am I thinking right that the fox will improve climbing
slightly? I like the springy fox action for pedaling, gives it a slight kick
in momentum. I realize the ccdb is the best and feels bottomless, but
I'm looking for a certain feel, and have other goodies that need to fit in
my budget lol...

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Haven't ridden an 09 DHX 5 actually, but both can be setup to climb very well, to feel plush, or to feel over damped. I think if you have a budget and aren't sure, you should 110% get the DHX 5. The CCDB offers extraordinarily slight performance gains maybe over a DHX 5 coil. It wont blow it out of the water no matter how you look at it.

Since you're on a budget, I'd go with the DHX 5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.