Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"I'm just a patsy"
54 Posts
I have an 08 RFX w/ a CCDB, weigh about 180 in gear with a hyrdo pack on and I'm running a 500# spring. The bike feels great to me but I'm thinking of trying out a 450# spring just to see the difference as 450# is the size that I got from an online spring rate calculator for my weight and the travel of the RFX. Calculator is here: http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx, but I'm sure others on here with more experience will have recommendations for you as well. While how you tune your shock and what type of terrain you ride will certainly affect your choice, I'd be interested to see what works best for you.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
.Shawn. said:
I'm about 175lbs with gear on a 08 RFX w/CCDB with almost no preload on the spring
This guy weighs 180 without gear. I just tipped the scale at 164lbs today which puts me the same as you. I only recently dropped from the 500# spring because I was closer to his weight.

BTW...don't run a GD without the boot:nono: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.