Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bikerbert
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year was the first for me to race my MTB ( I don't count the STXC sludge fest at Sea Otter!), and the CCCX series was perfect. It took a lot of the edge off the Cougar Mtn Classic for me.

It was an extremely well organized event, the course was always very clearly marked and all of the riders my wife and I met were very nice. In fact, my wife wants to try it next year after her lap on the course Sunday morning!

I'm bummed out I didn't do more than the last two races. Is it possible to buy one of the t-shirts that was being given out on Sunday?

Thanks for a great racing experience!

Al Painter
#196, Beg Men 35-44
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The series was a lot of fun and you learn that there some very strong and talented riders in the area with you included.:thumbsup:

Carmen and I hope to run the series next year and I just need to put my head down and train a lot harder (more hill climbs wednesdays on Kennedy) should help.

Jeff Hecox
#158 Beg. Men 35-45

·
bikerbert
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff!

You and Carmen were great, and she is one of the bigger reasons Jill wants to race next season. The post race snacks and baby wipes were very much appreciated yesterday!

Thanks again for saving our butts with your wrench on the 18th! It inspired me to bring a wrench this time and loosen the bolts as soon as we took the bikes off.

I'm planning on doing the whole series next year, and get Jill to do a race or two as well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rumpfy said:
Congrats to Sallen on his 1st overall in the 34 under Sport class!
Thanks dude. We all need to get out there for more of these next year!

This is definitely the best racing environment around these days! Just like the Sizzler Classic used to be (Minus the BBQ lunch).

Thanks to Keith and Rod for all their hard work organizing these races!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kudos to the CCCX folks

Well marked course, well organized and great people to race with. Fun, competitive spirit from everyone. It is a really fun series and the organizers keep grassroot, fun racing alive in Northern CA!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.