Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Aussie Bob
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok only just a week away time to put up or shut up !! Who's racing what cat and what bike you racin , me im in 50+ beginer racing my trusty sugar 3 if my shock gets here in time if not my XT Fat Possom :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Carmen and I plan to be there. Not sure what I will ride, I might 1X9 the Niner this week and ride it in the beginner 45+ class and Carmen may race also. Should be fun :thumbsup:

·
What would Pimpbot do?
364 Posts
There is a 50% chance I will make this race my 1st race ever...so if I do it... I will be 35+ Beginner riding a 25lb hardtail XC bike.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sport class! 36 years. First race since I blew my knee out at the Velodrome in November, '04. So I am stoked! I will be there, along with all CCCX races this series except the one on March 31. Gonna do the 8 hour race that day (all ready entered.. solo class)
Yeeee Haaa! Let the race season begin!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm thinking about going.

If I do I will either be in the 45+ Beginners or the Clydesdale Class. I'm 240lbs. I'll either be riding my Bullit with 36 Vanilla or my Heckler with a Pike. :rolleyes:

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
67degrees said:
If I do I will either be in the 45+ Beginners or the Clydesdale Class. I'm 240lbs. I'll either be riding my Bullit with 36 Vanilla or my Heckler with a Pike. :rolleyes:
In either case (the CCCX DH or the XC) right the lighter of the two bikes.

The DH course is a pedalers course, more like a Super D.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
jeffh said:
Traffic could be a issue this weekend for CCCX

The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Golf Tournament is going on in Monterey this weekend if it doest rain out. :eek:

Also now that the East Garrison gate is closed the entrance is now off of Hwy 1 @ Fort Ord Main Entrance.

See Link :

http://www.cccx.org/mtb/2007/directionsEGarrison3.htm
Thats good info to know, thanks Jeff!

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Hey beaverbiker, did you ride Demo Saturday? I think I saw you and your Enduro in the parking lot. Haven't see a whole lot of the new Enduro's out on the trails yet, so that's why I'm asking. That bike is ridiculously awesome looking. What are you running on it do get it down to 30 lbs?

Back to the topic at hand, does anybody know anything about the XC course on Sunday?
It should be wet, which for Ord is a good thing, no? Any tips on the course would be helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
[QUOTE=Carl Hungus

Back to the topic at hand, does anybody know anything about the XC course on Sunday?
It should be wet, which for Ord is a good thing, no? Any tips on the course would be helpful. Thank you.

The courses tend to be fast, 400-500 feet of climb per lap with about a 1/4 to 1/3 of a mile on the road and about 5-6 miles per lap.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Carl Hungus said:
Hey beaverbiker, did you ride Demo Saturday? I think I saw you and your Enduro in the parking lot. Haven't see a whole lot of the new Enduro's out on the trails yet, so that's why I'm asking. That bike is ridiculously awesome looking. What are you running on it do get it down to 30 lbs?

What Jeff said +

It tends to be on the sandy side out there, so rain won't hurt things too much. If anything it'll firm up the course. It's like a 90 minute sprint, no granny gear needed anywhere on the course I don't think.

If you're SS, gear up.

Fast rolling tires would be best IMHO.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.