Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That crash was pretty brutal to watch. My buddy is an off-duty EMT and was the first person to help her out. She ended up with a cut on her forehead but besides that, she was fine.

There were a lot of people stacking around that jump. I think a lot of people got nervous because of the crowds.

Great place to spectate for sure.

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
Sweet shots.

That last jump is quite a bit bigger than I'm use to going off. On the approach, stupid starts to take over and you hit it anyway. I would have like to have hit it about 10 times before doing it in a race, but I only managed one test jump before the race.

The adrenalin is still running through me today. I love DH racing.

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Thanks again

for the pics Josh! Yeah that girl's crash looked real bad, glad she was ok. I was talking with the EMTs about that crash. You have a few shots of me and the first one I am missing, I think that is where I crashed in the canyon section with the trees. Slammed hard, lost my helmet visor and ate dirt! I was wondering what to do about the visor as I went to retrieve it then I remember I'm in a race...:madman: Still got 4th and only 5 seconds away from 3rd but I am so sore today!!! Neck, back, head, shoulder and occasional blurry vision :D Had a blast!

Dan, you and Justin have some real nice pics of air time :thumbsup: Congrats to you, Rafael and Justin for your 2 medals and to Jeff for his 2nd place finish in his first dh race :thumbsup: You boys rock!

Back to the ice...

·
Registered
245 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here is a photo of her .5 of second before the crash. Notice that the front tire is lower than the back and she hit the slight uphill right next to where I was sitting.

Not to hijack the original thread, but I post about 700+ photos of the race at:

https://bikeguy.smugmug.com/CCCX-DH-2010/CCCX-CD-Race-on-Jan-3-2010/Race-Photos-from-Jan-3-2010-DH/10852491_aPbnL/1/757027643_76ia3

Please feel free to use the photos for personal use.

I think passes as showing off for the photographer:

Regards
Rick

grrrah said:
Thanks for the pics!

Ouch... I feel bad because she's a HS girl, was chatting with at the top...

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
Wow, feel bad for her. I hate those dips in between .. should be a flat tabletop instead. I almost did the same crash at Northstar until I knew the trail (livewire) a bit better. She's brave to be out there doing the DH on an XC bike and without proper training/experience with jumps.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
NoBalance said:
Wow, feel bad for her. I hate those dips in between .. should be a flat tabletop instead. I almost did the same crash at Northstar until I knew the trail (livewire) a bit better. She's brave to be out there doing the DH on an XC bike and without proper training/experience with jumps.
don't want to be an ass, but there was a ride-around, and she had done two clean practice runs prior (don't think she tried the jump though).

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RickR said:

Regards
Rick
Glad you didnt get nailed by her bike Rick. That was pretty close.

I also go pictures of John (nac-nac guy in the photo) stacking super hard after the jump the girl crashed on. He went down really hard. I didn't get a chance to talk to him after because I think he bailed shortly after his race run.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
RickR said:

Regards
Rick
same guy from josh's camera? ;)

I still give the guy props for skills that I have nil of.... but he looks to be okay so we can smile back.

edit: d'oh, josh beat me to it... hope he's okay.

·
bike buster
1,196 Posts
fovchinn said:
That crash looks brutal, but I cannot get over the expression on that old woman's face. it cracks me up
Hers is good, but I think the rider's expression 5 seconds before contact is better. That's an "Oh Isht!" face if I've ever seen one.

Glad she's OK!

Had a great time out there and took home my first gold. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
grrrah said:
same guy from josh's camera? ;)

I still give the guy props for skills that I have nil of.... but he looks to be okay so we can smile back.

edit: d'oh, josh beat me to it... hope he's okay.
twisted my knee pretty bad.. thats why i left immediately... felt i had the win wrapped up... never switch to cruise mode before you cross the finish line..... went to take a pedal after landing and my bike swapped, weight shifted and i flipped

·
Pee's in the H8teraid
420 Posts
Nice pix, thanks for sharing

So, do you just show up pay/ register and race?
Need a license?
Is that trail open off of race days?
Practice runs?
Ride to the top or other?
Sorry for all the questions but it looks like fun.The website is a little vague
Might try to make the next one..
TIA.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.