Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
bummer. but if you want to race there are three other great races this weekend. motherlode epic, jackson forest grasshopper, and california dirt series which is on private land you cant ride any other time!

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,583 Posts
Social trail---what does that mean----I ride here often and have not heard this term or any restrictions beyond e-bikes
I've heard it called that, too. 8th and Gigling trails. Anything on that side. Mostly flat, not a lot of climbing. Plenty of places to regroup and socialize. I know a few groups ride from there weekly. Also social-type rides. Hence the name

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,583 Posts
bummer. but if you want to race there are three other great races this weekend. motherlode epic, jackson forest grasshopper, and california dirt series which is on private land you cant ride any other time!
This is awesome info. I always thought how cool it would be to see a purely dedicated thread that lists all the races for the season and covers the action from each race. Is there such a thing on MTBR?

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
Social trail---what does that mean----I ride here often and have not heard this term or any restrictions beyond e-bikes
Social as in currently undocumented as in poach trails as in, technically, illegal!

I've only ridden from that side a few times, but he made it sound like all the s/t immediately to the right after you go through the gate.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Speaking of land access issues, you reminded me to ask why the toro enduro was cancelled? Wasn't it already postponed from like, May?
Rain cancelled that enduro.

I haven't heard anything about rangers giving tickets unless someone was riding a trail that is technically closed due to the munitions cleanup.

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,583 Posts
Rain cancelled that enduro.

I haven't heard anything about rangers giving tickets unless someone was riding a trail that is technically closed due to the munitions cleanup.
That and night riding. Fort Ord... The only BLM land in the immediate area, that I can think of that doesn't allow night riding

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
That and night riding. Fort Ord... The only BLM land in the immediate area, that I can think of that doesn't allow night riding
They allow "MORCA" to ride at night(and butcher the trails) for a small fee. I've only heard stories about people getting tickets at night, but I've never seen a ranger or been stopped myself.

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,583 Posts
They allow "MORCA" to ride at night(and butcher the trails) for a small fee. I've only heard stories about people getting tickets at night, but I've never seen a ranger or been stopped myself.
I have. Several good friends of mine have been ticketed. The fine was fairly substantial.. Like $250, I think..

·
Ride On!
1,186 Posts
Surprising, been riding from 8th and Gigling for years without the site of a Ranger?? Meaning BLM ?
I know that they get a bit uptight and have called me on it in the past when riding the trails behind the Defense Manpower Center, is the area we are talking about?

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
From the website, sure they mean for this weekend:

PLEASE NOTE!

Due to a scheduling conflict, the next CCCX Mountain Bike race will be the CCCX Series Final on July 21.
I wonder if they cancelled the race because of those other races on the calendar or because some other group reserved East Garrison for the day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.