Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XC rider
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Fresno and was hoping to make it to the CCCX race this weekend. Here in the Central Valley we are complete smoked out from all the fires. I normally commute to work on but haven’t been able to make even the short 2 mile ride due the unhealthy particulate levels from the fires.

How is the air quality at Fort Ord? I’m guessing the onshore winds will be blowing the smoke away from the race site? Any info on the air quality will be great.

Thanks

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
NASA is slacking! They provided us a satellite image for 6/25/2008 then nothing!

NOAA.gov indicates:

Sunday: Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Northwest wind between 5 and 13 mph

The forecast is for haze/smoke today and tomorrow but fog on Sunday, Monday, etc. Probably much better situation than right now, and better than other areas.

·
Young.Brash.Hopeful.
371 Posts
This site has current images.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/natural_hazards_v2.php3?img_id=14904

NoBalance said:
NASA is slacking! They provided us a satellite image for 6/25/2008 then nothing!

NOAA.gov indicates:

Sunday: Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Northwest wind between 5 and 13 mph

The forecast is for haze/smoke today and tomorrow but fog on Sunday, Monday, etc. Probably much better situation than right now, and better than other areas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.