Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Beginer 45 - 54
No potium this year, but still lots of fun. I check out the coarse Friday after work if its marked.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
vacation time

Jeanie and I will be enjoying our vacation, so no race for me this weekend, but have fun out there!
Menso will be doing the Skyline race in Napa for a possible showdown with Jason Moeschler and Mark Weir.
- J.L.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
There are a couple good races in the beginner field. Show up around 10am to catch the final drama!

Looks like beginner 19-34 top 2 spots could possibly swap or tie.

My category, 35-44, we have 1st place Silva who possibly might be out fighting fires. If that is the case, he could drop to 3rd.

As mentioned in another thread, I have my work cut out for me, being 1 point behind 5th and 2 points behind 4th. If you see #511 on the trail and he doesnt look like he's suffering enough, feel free to harass!

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
rj2 said:
Sweet, 13th place here I come.
haha. or you could get 12th if Jeffh is still resting his knee???

The award for 12th place is ... a beer!! Well there will be some festivities, a keg, etc., so this will be one worth going to either way.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Go Kris

Wow, that's a close beginner 35-44 race, Kris. #4 and #5 beat you in the last race. It'll take some effort to get on the podium.
I have a 4th place plaque from the beginner 45-54 CCCX series two years ago, more or less by showing up to all races (Aussie Bob came in fifth!). It's a bit harder for you. Good luck!
-J.L.

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
JL de Jong said:
Wow, that's a close beginner 35-44 race, Kris. #4 and #5 beat you in the last race. It'll take some effort to get on the podium.
I have a 4th place plaque from the beginner 45-54 CCCX series two years ago, more or less by showing up to all races (Aussie Bob came in fifth!). It's a bit harder for you. Good luck!
-J.L.
Well, you never know.... The bike wheel is round... like a soccer ball ;) : anything can happen.

On more serious stuff..., somebody talked about BBQ. What's the story?

And since I'm bachelor again :D I was thinking about a relaxed ride in Ft. Ord in the afternoon, anybody up for that?
ZT

·
formerly Gobike69
346 Posts
Deal me in but....

I wish it wasn't the same weekend as the Skyline race :madman: Skyline is a great course but I'm committed to doing the whole CCCX series. See you all there

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gobike69 said:
I wish it wasn't the same weekend as the Skyline race :madman: Skyline is a great course but I'm committed to doing the whole CCCX series. See you all there
I sent the Skyline folks an email regarding the conflict. I asked them to become a part of the NorCal series.

See you Sunday.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
well...let...see, if I don't race could I possibly hold on to 6th...:)...damn, should I get on a plane with my SS and come out to try and get 5th..want do ya think Chum???? Hahahaha... Out here I'm in 11th overall out of 22 and thats 4 races behind...if I just attend ALL the rest I might move up a little....:)

Good luck everyone..and "No Pain, No Gain" Kris...go get em'

Ed

·
Registered
245 Posts
I will be going for the last race, hoping to keep my 3rd place overall!! This is where I am at by just missing 2 of the races, I may not be fast but I am consistent or is that persistent either way it has been lots of FUN!! :D

Did some one say BBQ????? I would be up for that!!

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
Ghostrider said:
Al is pacing me in sport.
Interesting. I wonder who Al was pacing in Beginner 35-39 at the Sea Otter when he pulled a 2:17? Was he pretending to be slow???

How does the pacing work? I'm guessing he wont be able to keep up with you. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.