Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today started out as a beautiful morning cool weather instead of the normal 6:00am heat we have been having. So we drive 126 miles to race the CCCX#8, master mrperc at the wheel, my son Bucky & me riding shotgun. Met up wit a few other local riders pitched the canopy, lawn chair, did sign in then get ready to head up the hill for practice run #1, no I'm not racing just pullin support. The group headed up the hiking trail. 30 minutes to the start, & I hiked the course backwards. The course is high speed off camber extremely silty through the corners, one of the nasty corners even has a sign "No Bikes" but when in course it's facing the right way, backwards. I get to about the ½ way point and there is this right hander with a short straight into a 3.5" silt trap then drops to a extreme off camber right hander to flat where it' Pin It Time! People were having a very hard time here locking up in the silt & having a bad time with the right hander, If you missed the turn you were off a cliff fortunately there were dry sharp bushes to catch you. I missed mrperc through here but he seemed to be working a plan through from what I saw, Mike cleared it clean, Scot is sooo tall he stepped off over his bike & slid down so we talked lines. His 3rd attempt was looking really good, Sonny is next fallowing a few other riders and get a wee distracted from one rider in group getting squirrely but still pulls off the corner smooth. Roxy comes in shortly and hits the silt pitching her about 6 feet to flat ground seeing stars & all tied up with her bike. Took awhile to figure out the jigsaw puzzle to get her untwisted then off to a safer spot off course. Wowzerz she split her fore arm to elbow open to bone so we talked an joked while we both cleaned the canyon out, tough person she is. Couple riders called for the transport to pick her up by Quad to the First Aid tent at the finish then off to the hospital for the Doc. Mrperc is feelin cool and relaxed & does a sweet 4:36 for 4th. Bucky decided not to race after getting bitten by a red ant but makes the podium & brings the Ibex to a 4th over all for the finally in the Jr. 16-18 class. :band:

Attachments

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Hella fun day... wished i had stood up and hammered instead of cruise down. Played it a little safe... lols... but oh well... hahahahahahaha. Next month is Northstar and Cougar Mountain Classic i think...

Awesome day. Rick Rasmussen was out there taking pics for the day along with some other guys whom i'm not too sure who...

Here's practice photos from Rick...

Sonny

Me

ScottJenson

Bucky

Saba

Mike

Ich

LDH

A victim of some of the hairball sections...

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jake Pay said:
Sounds like a real challenging course..Hope Roxy okay
Sure she will chime in later I believe the slash was about 3" long and 1" wide, she's a friggin tough babe!!! Many would have passed out seeing the explosion on her arm but she was picking grass out while we were crackin jokes. Sonny her social advisor was cool as Ice helping at the First Air tent, awesome couple. Sonny sacrificed his race and points for Roxy, wowz that cool a real man!!!!:thumbsup:

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The excitement didn't end there either on the way home cruisin at 80mph mrperc says Oh sheit then the windshield is getting splattered with water from under the hood. Pulled over pop the hood hole in the top radiator hose 100 miles from home :madman:. We patched it up enough to get up the road a little into a parking lot off the side of the freeway. Mrperc called Sonny & Roxy since they were behind us, lucky, & they pulled up right as we were pulling. Sonny cut the hose & we pushed the radiator back for the shorter hose then mrperc comes singing back he found an Autozone a few miles up the road. We get there & they have a hose in stock, Sonny swaps the hoses fills the radiator & were off again. :thumbsup:

Another scenario going on is Roxy's drugs are wearing off & the pain is starting to set in & there is no drug stores open to get the prescription filled so she settles for Ibuprofen since it's better then nothing. Good thing she is tough cause im sure that arm is painful. :crazy:

Since we live close to each other Sonny & Roxy fallow us back things are looking good then we realize the exit is right there, signals on changing 3 lanes of traffic with 2 vehicles Yahooo that was close we got dang lucky & just pulled it off almost causing a accident. :eekster:

<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
dogonfr said:
The excitement didn't end there either on the way home cruisin at 80mph mrperc says Oh
sheit
then the windshield is getting splattered with water from under the hood. Pulled over pop the hood hole in the top radiator hose 100 miles from home :madman:. We patched it up enough to get up the road a little into a parking lot off the side of the freeway.
mrperc
called Sonny & Roxy since they were behind us,
luckily
, & they pulled up right as we were
parking
. Sonny cut the hose & we pushed the
radiator
back for the shorter hose then
mrperc
comes singing back he found a
AutoZone
a few miles up the road. We get there & they have a hose in stock, Sonny swaps the hoses fills the
radiator
& were off again. :thumbsup:

Another
scenario
going on is Roxy's drugs are wearing off & the pain is starting to set in & there is no drug stores open to get the prescription filled so she settles for
Ibuprofen
since it's better then nothing. Good thing she is tough cause
im
sure that arm is
painful
. :crazy:

Since we live close to each other Sonny & Roxy fallow us back things are looking good then we realize the exit is right there, signals on changing 3 lanes of traffic with 2 vehicles
Yahooo
that was close we got dang lucky & just pulled it off almost causing a accident. :eekster:
That is just crazy, sounds like you guys had quite the day yesterday. Car troubles, torn up arms, ant bites, near crashes on the way home.....

Hope Roxy got some opioids ASAP, that kind of pain would definitely suck. No issues with Bucky after the ant bite? Hopefully he wasn't allergic to it.

At least no one broke anything and you all made it back home safely. :thumbsup:

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
man... i just woke up a while ago and back in school... lols

Big thanx to Sonny and Roxy for helping out and staying with us all the way back... and thank god, dogonfr came along. I'd be clueless at what to do... lols.

Ooooohhh... dogonfr, forgot to mention we got lost in San Jose in the morning looking for a McD for Bucky... hahahahahaha

Jake - Yupp... 2nd place for chainless in the series... XD

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.