Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
Joined
·
3,281 Posts
That is so awsome. I wasnt even going to race that last one because anytime this month would have been bad. But since they are in June I can race them both. Yipeeeeeeeeeee
 

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
Joined
·
789 Posts
june 5th, im in!

hey Rumpf,

if your b-hole is all healed up by then, i will swing down and do that race.
you still doing beginner?

i should crash in the beginning of the race so i ride hella fast for the rest of it.

geoffss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
I'm in

I'm not sure why but I'll be there. Full suspension for one and rigid ss for the last with the gearies. I guess this means I'll have to start riding again soon.
RJ
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
geoffss said:
hey Rumpf,

if your b-hole is all healed up by then, i will swing down and do that race.
you still doing beginner?

i should crash in the beginning of the race so i ride hella fast for the rest of it.

geoffss
Sweet.
Yeah, I started the season beginner and I'd like to finish that way for the points.
(no sandbagging comments please :p )

I think we should really make the effort to show up for the start of the race on time. Whadda ya think? :D
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RJG said:
I'm not sure why but I'll be there. Full suspension for one and rigid ss for the last with the gearies. I guess this means I'll have to start riding again soon.
RJ
Oh shut up. You'll be there and you'll do good.

Would you consider pushing a bigger gear for that track on the SS?
 

·
grasso e lento
Joined
·
410 Posts
Well if you started in that class

Then we can hold the bagger references to a minimum. But if next year you haven't moved up you are game :D

-Dude :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
I don't think I'd push bigger!

I'm running 36/20 and I'd consider changing the 20 for the 18 I have sitting in a box in my room. But thats it. I would hope to make up any loss on the flat/downhill during the climbs. If I don't blow up I would suspect that I could finish about the same as I do on the geared bike. It'll be a good experiment. Rumpfy, I'll do my best to change your gears on the fly, rub you rear wheel with my front, and put you into the poison oak. I would just have to catch you at some point during the race.
RJ
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RJG said:
I'm running 36/20 and I'd consider changing the 20 for the 18 I have sitting in a box in my room. But thats it. I would hope to make up any loss on the flat/downhill during the climbs. If I don't blow up I would suspect that I could finish about the same as I do on the geared bike. It'll be a good experiment. Rumpfy, I'll do my best to change your gears on the fly, rub you rear wheel with my front, and put you into the poison oak. I would just have to catch you at some point during the race.
RJ
You'd have to get a handful of shifter right from the start. I'll make sure I'm not next to you on the start line then! :)
The rest of that stuff seems kinda fruity. ;)

I agree, it will be an interesting experiment. I think once you get your cadence up, you can hold it smooth though most of the couse.
 

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
Joined
·
789 Posts
on time at the start line

yea, im not trusting you guys anymore when you say "these never start on time"

i might just bring both geared and single and do a quick spin to see whats up. or i can switch bikes in the middle of the race to be all cool and $hit. maybe i should bring a couple spare wheelsets too.
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
geoffss said:
yea, im not trusting you guys anymore when you say "these never start on time"

i might just bring both geared and single and do a quick spin to see whats up. or i can switch bikes in the middle of the race to be all cool and $hit. maybe i should bring a couple spare wheelsets too.
Yeah...don't ever listen to RJ. :p

The course is really suited best on a big DH sled. You should do that.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top