Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, 12/11/05

This was from about 4pm Sunday afternoon. I think this snow will be around for a while as it stays cold and dark along the Middle Fork. Going to ride a more local trail tonight and stay out of the snow...
Hawkens said:
Was that just this weekend? I suppose with the Mountains and tree's blocking the direct sun light it would be sticking around..

Hawkens

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
What's the elevation of the trail at that point?

Also i was looking at Green Trails Maps at REI a while back and just for fun was looking at how you can ride from Middle Fork Snoqualmie all the way to the Teanaway Trails on singletrack. But of course wilderness stops anyone from doing that legally. Also there looks to be a pretty extreme trail that spurs up to Alpental from Middle Fork as well. Pretty neat to look and see how it all ties in together.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
That extreme trail is the old Pacific Crest trail before they blasted in the Kendal Catwalk, the MF trail upstream of that used to be PCT also. Under the right conditions you can ski off the north side of MT Snoqualmie all the way down the the river.

Skookum said:

Also i was looking at Green Trails Maps at REI a while back and just for fun was looking at how you can ride from Middle Fork Snoqualmie all the way to the Teanaway Trails on singletrack. But of course wilderness stops anyone from doing that legally. Also there looks to be a pretty extreme trail that spurs up to Alpental from Middle Fork as well. Pretty neat to look and see how it all ties in together.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Dave_schuldt said:
That extreme trail is the old Pacific Crest trail before they blasted in the Kendal Catwalk, the MF trail upstream of that used to be PCT also. Under the right conditions you can ski off the north side of MT Snoqualmie all the way down the the river.
Wow interesting.

i know just by suggesting this it's like rambling from a crackhead, because it will NEVER happen. But wouldn't it be cool to mt. bike the length of PCT from Mexico to Canada.

In a perfect world they could open it strategically for a few months just to accomodate riders attempting that. Southern Cal April/May Northern Cal May/June Oregon June/July Washington Canada July/August

That's be so frikkin sweet......

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picture was taken 1/2 mile in....

Skookum said:
from the bottom of the CCC Extension at about 800-900ft.

I have always wanted to hike from Snow Lake down to the Middle Fork in the summer, sure wish we could bike that route but it's off limits to us bikers. Maybe someday.... :)

·
Banned
776 Posts
Skookum said:
Wow interesting.

i know just by suggesting this it's like rambling from a crackhead, because it will NEVER happen. But wouldn't it be cool to mt. bike the length of PCT from Mexico to Canada.

In a perfect world they could open it strategically for a few months just to accomodate riders attempting that. Southern Cal April/May Northern Cal May/June Oregon June/July Washington Canada July/August

That's be so frikkin sweet......
Skookum,

Total pipedream.

I've backpacked random sections of the PCT totalling about 250 miles, and even in late July there are huge sections under snow, blowdown, wash outs, bridges gone, etc. Not to mention the amount of gear you would be carrying would cripple you by the end of the 1st week. Even if it were legal I predict it would not be fun. In Europe they are starting to piece together some burly traverses using the gondolas. This is a very Euro thing to do. I for one plan on heading to Alta Rezia this next summer.

Dave, I have skied the Slot and the Crooked off Snoqualmie in years past. I don't really recommend skiing all the way down into the middle fork unless you want to continue touring out towards Mt Daniel. It's a long hump out of there for poor ski conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.