Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bleeder at large
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance that a new CCC could come out with top tube cable routing? It seems rather odd that any cyclocross bike would have down tube cable routing given the fact how much we like to play in the mud.

Just a thought...I do love my CCC though!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I don't think so, and I hope not. Down tube routing, in my experience, is no more trouble than top tube. It's also easier to set up (fewer housing sections), allows a cleaner top tube (better looking and better for grabbing/carrying), and allows the use of down tube shifters. All good things.

Edit: Ignore all this. I thought I was on a Surly thread...

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
seat_boy said:
I don't think so, and I hope not. Down tube routing, in my experience, is no more trouble than top tube. It's also easier to set up (fewer housing sections), allows a cleaner top tube (better looking and better for grabbing/carrying), and allows the use of down tube shifters. All good things.

Edit: Ignore all this. I thought I was on a Surly thread...
Actually, your points are all true... for Salsa too. Unless you have a functional reason to run cables on the top tube, there are as many disadvantages to running them up-top as there are advantages... (water running unrestricted into the front of the final rear derailleur housing loop being one disadvantage of top-tube routed cables in inclement conditions.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.