Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a couple of questions.

1. Looking around the web, it seems that cc = ml. Is this true? I have looked at a couple of sites and they indicate that cubic centimeters = milliliters.

2. I have a Vanilla fork. After over a year of use it feels kind of 'squishy' . Is this to be expected? Has the viscosity of the oil degraded after a year of use?

Thanks for the help.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
You are correct. 1cc = 1ml

Depends on the conditions you're riding in. Super dusty, muddy, wet... conditions all can contribute to poor fork performance if you don't change your oil often. The more you ride in adverse conditions, the sooner you'll need to change the oil. Lots of dust and mud can also cause excessive wear on your seals, which leads to bad oil sooner and more often.

After a year of riding and no oil changes, no matter the conditions, I'd say go ahead and change it and see what happens. Just follow the directions closely.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Hilarious thing of it all!

@dam said:
Isn't the metric system great!? Sooo much simpler. I wish we'd switch over to it.
Here I was this morning in Walmart looking for a container to measure the oil. All I kept finding were ml containers. I wish I would have done my internet search before I went to Wally-world!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.