Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Exactly 1/2 of 2-Epic
750 Posts
'twas a kick in the junk

donkey said:
I ended up staying home this weekend....tell me what I missed?

Winners finishing time?
Weather?

Give it to us!

B
Hit my blog link for pics and details...due to big rains a week ago the flowers were as epic as the course. Weather was pretty much perfect, but surprisingly hot for that high. Weinsy came in just under 8 hours I heard...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fantastic as it has been since v 1.0

great course, supa fast field and awesome "feel" and atmosphere. What riding and racing a mtb is all about in my humble opinion. Kudos to Wiens for laying down a 7:34 (!!).

Thanks to Chad, Lindsay and Dave for putting on the show and the whole CB crew for your hospitality. I'll see you next year!
Fred

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great Course, very Strong field!!, The weather was great, could of done without the flys and mosquitoes! Congrats to Dave, I can't even dream of ridng that fast.
This was my first 100 mile race, learned alot from the experince,and I even beat my pedicted time. can't wait till next year's event!!

Thanks to everyone for their great support and contribution to such an awesome race!!

·
2,856 Posts
donkey said:
I ended up staying home this weekend....tell me what I missed?

Winners finishing time?
Weather?

Give it to us!

B
And I was looking for a Donkey all damn day! ;)

Wonderful! Beautiful! Fun! Tough!

Those are some of the words that come to mind. I'm not even going to try and spell it right (Dave H. knows how) LapDuez kicked my buttocks in the blazing sun. The flies were ferocious in their desire for blood. The **** Trail was superb if a little bit rough on the downhill. And who cleared the big climb on Deer Creek??? Come on, someone must have. I've seen two people blaze their way up that; Ned O. and Mike K. on the Legends Ride a few years ago.

So this is Dave W. to his wife on the way out the door. "See ya honey, I'm just gonna go stretch my legs for a bit, I'll be back in a jiffy." Another record crushed with barely a wimper. When does he slow down? Awesome job Dave.

And to everyone out there, awesome job! I met quite a few people, yo-yo'ed with several but never got names of course. I got to meet Jim Ishman, Matthew Lee, Jefe and hung out with Dave Nice. - all of Grand Loop or GDR fame this year. I finally met the elusive Dave H, a highlight for me. I guess Fred M. is my rabbit from now on. Nice job Fred.

And to the ride organizers - woo-hoo!!! Can't wait for next year. What more can I say.

So I took a few snaps the day before and the day after not the day of the race. Hope you don't mind if I post a few.

1) Dave ===> trail
2) Dave ===> trail
3) Dave ===> if you think this section was easy on a fixie....
4) Think again
5) Dave ===> smile

Ed E

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.