Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was curious what the lift serviced trails are like in CB? Are they worth riding? I'm more of a XC rider...but am nursing a sprained knee, so need to take it easy on the uphill. According to their site there are several trails.

Thanks! :)

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
Take the bus from town up to the ski resort... ride down to Upper Loop. It's... ummm... mostly downhill from there. Also - you could shuttle 401, which is a great ride. Unless you're going really soon - then I doubt the road will be open.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, 401 is one of my fav's...seems like a crime to shuttle it. :) I'm headed down this weekend, so it'll likely be snowed in. Thanks for the suggestion on Upper Loop. I also heard Deer Creek is a good shuttle, with some hike-a-bike in the beginning.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
slcdawg said:
Yeah, 401 is one of my fav's...seems like a crime to shuttle it. :) I'm headed down this weekend, so it'll likely be snowed in. Thanks for the suggestion on Upper Loop. I also heard Deer Creek is a good shuttle, with some hike-a-bike in the beginning.
Ummm... yes... there would definitely be some hike-a-bike on Deer Creek. What crazy person suggested that ride as a shuttle? :confused:

Dr. Park can be done as a shuttle as well...

Oh - Gunsight Pass can be shuttled too... with a bit of hike-a-bike. Unless the creek is to big to ford. :skep:

·
Registered
288 Posts
So, do you have 2 vehicles? 4wd ? Are you trying to avoid ALL climbing or just most of it?

A few of the trails on the resort aren't too bad, but I haven't been up there this year.

Well over half of Deer Creek's mileage can be shuttled, but you will still have some good climbing to do and a big hike-a bike that can be slick (bad for sore knees!) And you might not want to drive the wife's car up West Brush. Most just ride the 27 mi. loop 'cause it takes so long to deal with the shuttle vehicle.

I wouldn't get too excited about the Upper Loop. Reroutes have left it a twisted-up rocky mess that just doesn't flow very well. Nevertheless it will get you from resort to town on singletrack.

Snodgrass is easy if your up for a little pedaling and it's riding great.

The **** Trail is another good one for some "shuttle help", but there is still some hard climbing in the middle.

Need 4wd for Doctor's shuttle.

·
Registered
288 Posts
OUCH ! At least the teeth seem to be in order !!

shuttleing Doctors in 2wd is fine, especially when the road is dusty (always), but at that point keep on driving, hang a left after spring creek reservoir and drive to the top of Reno Ridge, and get yourself some of Bear's downhill, then hit Doctors!

Just make sure you have a cooler of Beer waiting in the first car!

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
rubystreet said:
OUCH ! At least the teeth seem to be in order !!
Yeah... that one was an *uphill* endo. :rolleyes:

We continued to 409... the did Reno->Flag->Bear->Dead. We rode around in circles a bit in the Deadman's parking lot trying to get 50 miles but didn't.. :D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up riding lower loop on Friday and snodgrass and the lifts on Saturday. I agree with the comment that the lifts are just alright. Not as good as the amasing xc trails in CB. Still, it was good to finally get back on the bike! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.