Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, thanks to all who came out for the 3rd annual. It was great putting faces with online names, and meeting some of you sick birds out there. Glad to see all the GDR participants, that's just too cool, and thanks to all who traveled. As long as I'm alive, the Classic will be on, and it will be free. I'll have to keep the numbers down, so the advertising will be minimal, but this year was too friggin cool. Sick weather, sick turnout, sick terrain. Glad to have you all and email me for a full set of results, broken down by lap time. - The Hippie

[email protected]

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Great Time

Thanks for all the hospitality, Dave. We had a great time in your little paradise.

So the kid that got run over on 401 wasn't hit by one of us? I saw that on the TV crawl and wondered if it'd be the end of the race.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not unless it's a different story than the one I know. About a week before the Classic, a kid on a walmart bike, no helmet, was trying to keep up with his father - of all people, his Dad was pushing him to go faster - and he didn't make a corner, and went off Gothic road. Please tell me this is the story, and it wasn't 401, it was the road. I could see the news perhaps generalizing a bit and calling it out as 401. I hope this is the story you got, and not a new one I haven't heard, and a result of the Classic.

Glad you came out man. It will always happen as long as I'm around so hopefully we'll see you next year. - Dave

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Sorry, no details

I just remember seeing a news crawl the night after the race that talked about a kid being injured in a collision with a biker on a trail. I THINK it said 401, but my head was a little fuzzy by that time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know the exact date for the Pearl Pass Tour. I'm on the road right now, but you can contact the MTB Hall of Fame in CB for all the info. I think it's in Sept sometime, but not totally sure. - Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.