1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually no I rode.

Umm well...

Ok..ok...I rode as much as I could/dared. :mad:

Go John Trail, counter clockwise. The trail started out promising up until I started my second climb up to a saddle on sloppy singletrack. Overall it turned out to be a bit above my risk level. Oh well, I hadn't been before and I needed to check it off my list. Overall, it has great views and surprisingly quite a few fun bits in between hike-a-bike and break-a-neck areas.

I should have checked the batteries before I left the house but, here's the pics before they died.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
you're kidding, right??? they plowed the trail out there. its like a frickin road now. the climb off go john is still pretty nice, but the rest is pretty easy stuff anymore.

Umbrous said:
A few more pics...

and notice there is no pics of the hard/crazy stuff, I was too busy pushing to take a pic.

·
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
funboarder1971 said:
you're kidding, right??? they plowed the trail out there. its like a frickin road now. the climb off go john is still pretty nice, but the rest is pretty easy stuff anymore.
No, you're kidding. What part of Poopy Rider doesn't make sense to you eh, d1ckhead?

Enjoy the pics for what they are..I took them while riding easier sections. See, during easy areas I tend to look around and it's then that I remember to take a pic. Not when I'm hiking with my bike on my shoulder up the last bit next to the mine.

I guess I could do nothing but post dumb comments instead of post pics, but apparently you've got that covered. :rolleyes:

Sheez man, we can't all be as good as you. You da man...da bomb...the shiznit...
excuse while I go vomit.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Well, it looks like a nice area with decent riding. I've heard some of it is loose, with some harder areas, but have never ridden there.

What's wrong with nice desert singletrack anyways? With the occasional harder spot thrown in? Does everything have to be Waterfall/Telegraph/Goat Camp hard to pass muster with this crowd?

Starting to sound a bit elitist from the uber-riders, not just in this thread, but all over the board... :confused:

·
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.downhillfaster. said:
Cool man, you're riding a RM Slayer...nice bike. I'm a big Rocky fan. I rode out there once (before they turned it into a dirt sidewalk like T100), and I bruised my tailbone riding a speed wheelie / manual thingie that went horribly awry...the trails used to be fun, but after those pics I don't think I'll be making the trek out there again. Too bad about the sanitization.
Yeah, I like the RM but I'm looking for a new front fork that's 6-inches of travel instead of the five that came with it.

Also, this trail isn't that easy or sanitized. The pics don't do it justice, sure they plowed the first half a mile headed counter clockwise but then the smooth doubletrack goes to rocky singletrack. The singletrack is all rideable for quite awhile then you turn to the left/north and it goes to sh1t. There was one point when I practically had to throw my bike up a spot because it was so steep. Go check it out, it's only 4.6 miles. If I'm wrong then it was an easy 4.6, if I'm right you'll start to wonder why it's taking so damn long to do 4.6 miles.

Also, that first pic shows the downhill back to the lot, with your skills you'll love it (although you'll push to reach the top). I think it drops like 300 feet in less than a half mile.

·
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AZClydesdale said:
Cool pics. I want to do this. Let me know if you want to go back. Steve
Well, I pretty much wrote this trail off, however I may need to go back to get some pics of the ultra technical portions of the trail. :)

·
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
waltaz said:
Well, it looks like a nice area with decent riding. I've heard some of it is loose, with some harder areas, but have never ridden there.

What's wrong with nice desert singletrack anyways? With the occasional harder spot thrown in? Does everything have to be Waterfall/Telegraph/Goat Camp hard to pass muster with this crowd?

Starting to sound a bit elitist from the uber-riders, not just in this thread, but all over the board... :confused:
Ditto Walt, ditto.

Oh and by the way this trail has Waterfall/Telegraph/Goat Camp sections. So the crowd should be pleased but no, instead they are ready to write it off. Fine, less crowds for the horses I suppose.

·
AZ MTBR
318 Posts
Fun trail ride

Hey Guys,
I rode this same trail and some others a few weeks ago. I had a good time
on all of it. It has some easier stuff and then some nice rocky tight singletrack, a few
gnarly sections , then some great fast rolling singletrack. It's worth going out again if
anyone wants to go.

Later,
Johnny K

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
i'd hit it

AZClydesdale said:
Cool pics. I want to do this. Let me know if you want to go back. Steve
Looks suspiciously like Sunrise/Lost Dog/ ect.
Isn't this the same set they use to fake the moon landing and me riding the waterfall?

Lemme know if you go.

Attachments

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,339 Posts
Probably had one of my worst falls on that trail shoulder first into exposure. Last time I was out there was about 2 years ago. Same route also counter clockwise the north saddle was tough. Probably would have been more fun if I knew the trails better! I would give it a go if you have never done it before.

·
Registered
656 Posts
waltaz said:

I agree. One persons dream trail is anothers nightmare. All trails are great for that very reason.

Rita :)

P.S. Merry Christmas everyone.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
waltaz said:
"Now wait just a minute." "Hold on there Tonto." "High-Ho Silver." The only thing I have seen lately is certain people (WALT) attacking others for no good reason. You know, like out of thin air. Lets get one thing straight, I am no elitist. Yea, I am a better rider than 99% of you pr1cks, but its not like I care about it, other than the fact that I do care that Dirdir>Walt. :D

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
hmmm, i guess my edit to my original post didn't make copy, huh? anyhow, i wasn't trying to slam your riding style/skill. my point was that they did a major sanitizing on that trail.

that trail should be a piece of cake for your slayer. what part did you have to push up?

there is a somewhat nasty downhill section, but it should be cake for a 5-6" f/s bike. hell, i 've ridden in on my rigid ss.

the main reason i've written off the trail isn't due to the sanitizing or the lack of tech... its just the over-abundance of horses, however the fact that they basically plowed the trail didn't help. a year ago i loved it, today.... ehhh....

Umbrous said:
No, you're kidding. What part of Poopy Rider doesn't make sense to you eh, d1ckhead?

Enjoy the pics for what they are..I took them while riding easier sections. See, during easy areas I tend to look around and it's then that I remember to take a pic. Not when I'm hiking with my bike on my shoulder up the last bit next to the mine.

I guess I could do nothing but post dumb comments instead of post pics, but apparently you've got that covered. :rolleyes:

Sheez man, we can't all be as good as you. You da man...da bomb...the shiznit...
excuse while I go vomit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.