Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heat of the moment
The heat of the moment showed in your eyes.

Nothing like a little Asia to start a thread off right :rolleyes: .

I'm currently juggling the largest work load I've experienced in over three years so when time becomes available to ride I grab it and ride like I stole it. Well, that chance came up today, with the only hang up being the fact that the mercury was pushing 110! So with the hydration bladder loaded with as much ice as possible we headed out.

My wife (maybe it's time for her own MTBR handle) is really enjoying the XCE, and grows much more confident and comfortable with each ride. Today's ride was the Bear Claw Poppy/Green Valley Loop, a Utah classic, which showcases a number of steep rollers with a 1-2' near vertical transition at the peak. Nothing too serious, but she took each with flying colors.

Attachments

·
Still chuggin' along
859 Posts
WEEEEeeeeeeeeee! That's what I would be doing :) Looks like she's having fun! I hope she's enjoying her ride as much as you are :)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy gaint picture Batman! I've got spend some time figuring out the whole digital photography to posting pic thing.

kpicha said:
Looks like she's having fun! I hope she's enjoying her ride as much as you are :)
What's that supposed to mean ;) .

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Welcome to the 'hood!

Hey Crash, watcha doing in my neighborhood?

Don't you live up north? This it the wrong time of year to be in St. George!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob the Wheelbuilder said:
Hey Crash, watcha doing in my neighborhood?

Don't you live up north? This it the wrong time of year to be in St. George!
I was born and raised in George, and moved back down from SLC nearly two years ago, after a 10 year absence. So technically this is my hood ;) .

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
CrashTheDOG said:
The heat of the moment
The heat of the moment showed in your eyes.

Nothing like a little Asia to start a thread off right :rolleyes: .

I'm currently juggling the largest work load I've experienced in over three years so when time becomes available to ride I grab it and ride like I stole it. Well, that chance came up today, with the only hang up being the fact that the mercury was pushing 110! So with the hydration bladder loaded with as much ice as possible we headed out.

My wife (maybe it's time for her own MTBR handle) is really enjoying the XCE, and grows much more confident and comfortable with each ride. Today's ride was the Bear Claw Poppy/Green Valley Loop, a Utah classic, which showcases a number of steep rollers with a 1-2' near vertical transition at the peak. Nothing too serious, but she took each with flying colors.
You lucky dog! (pun intended).

That's great. My wife keeps talking the talk, but still hasn't committed to a specific day to start riding again. She asked me to rent her a bike to try, but always seems to be too busy to ride. Her old bike is a fully rigid Giant ATX....circa 1800.

I'm not giving up yet. I just showed her the picture of your wife having fun on her Burner. That seemed to help.....we'll see.

Hopefully, she'll agree to ride soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts