Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Diamondback send a new crank set even though I explained I had verified cranks werent bent. It was the same part # as original. Didnt fix problem. Now I have to take to lbs to get frame alignment checked before they will do anything else. Doing 60 to 80hrs at work so just waiting for my schedule to lighten up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to add info to the situation. I recently received a new Release 29 2. The gap on mine is about 7.5mm on the drive side and about 13mm on the non-drive side. I have not noticed any flex that would come close to rubbing, but i haven't ridden it much yet.

Chris W

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Finally got a replacement rear swing arm 11 months after purchasing the bike. Replacement had boned axle shaft threads, eyelet for pivot bolt was too small, and its a different color than the original. Reopened ticket. They won't do anything about the color stating all replacements are matte black. They have not responded in weeks about the other issues with the part. Once its in good working order I can sell it and spend my money elsewhere

21 - 26 of 26 Posts