Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 catch 2. Developed a noise in the rear end so I figured time to replace the bearings. I've had it apart to clean and lube but never removed the bearings. Everything went well. Bearings in the pivots needed to be pressed out and back in, went well. The bearings in the frame came out just pulling with my fingers. New ones went in about the same way. With the pivot back on there is a lot of play. The bearings went in to the stop point but that leaves slack left and right. Completely reassembled I can't feel any movement but the creek is still there maybe even louder than before.

I am worried the aluminum has fatigued and stretched leaving the bearings with a loose fit. DB website says they do not cover things like metal fatigue. I have created a warranty ticket with then but dont have hi hopes of hearing back any time soon or with helpful information.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try some stud and bearing mount or sleeve retainer compound(Loctite) on the loose bearings. Clean the frame bore and OD of the bearing with brake clean or acetone first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts