Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh My Lord...that’s scary. It’s one of the big reasons I was hesitant to even consider the CNC bikes. That and the fact that I could get 2 Evolink frames for less $.
Hope you’re ok, as that looks awful. Can only imagine what POLE gonna do on this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
5,729 Posts
wow

wow

wow

·
Registered
918 Posts
the jump was big enough to rip an airplane apart....apparently, haha.

actually, a cased feature would lever the fork backwards, creating a wider split at the top than the bottom.
Incorrect. A front impact would do what you said but a case where the rear wheel comes up short would splay the fork out the headtube as shown here.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,085 Posts
Incorrect. A front impact would do what you said but a case where the rear wheel comes up short would splay the fork out the headtube as shown here.
Nose case vs 50/50. I agree 50/50 case will do what the photo shows. Honestly not sure what else would? Riding backwards like Fabio? ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nose case vs 50/50. I agree 50/50 case will do what the photo shows. Honestly not sure what else would? Riding backwards like Fabio? ;)
fair enough. a 50:50 case usually happens when you are not going fast enough. but there is a landing that can exhibit similar forces: over jump to flat... interestingly the failure appears to be bit off axis, similar to being slightly crossed up from whipping on a landing. it's not my failure, but i know the rider and the issue. I have had my own catastrophic bike failures, albeit different.

that said, I am all the sudden a fan of carbon head tubes, haha.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Why is it broken frames often appear with someone's first post? Sign up to warn the rest of us? Or some retribution against the manufacturer?

There is broken Stumpy recently too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why is it broken frames often appear with someone's first post? Sign up to warn the rest of us? Or some retribution against the manufacturer?

There is broken Stumpy recently too.
everything breaks. everything is breakable. how is post count relevant to mechanical failure? what post count makes somebody capable of sharing a relative data point?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
everything breaks. everything is breakable. how is post count relevant to mechanical failure? what post count makes somebody capable of sharing a relative data point?
So you've used the forum for nothing other than displaying a broken frame? What useful input have you provided so far? As I said, signing up to post a broken frame smacks of retribution. Thankfully the title is obscure enough it shouldn't show too high in google results.
I'm not defending the manufacturer but it definitely reeks of sour grapes. And no explanation of how it broke. And it's not even your bike!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So you've used the forum for nothing other than displaying a broken frame?
negative. i have used it to gather data points from others so that i can make informed decisions.

What useful input have you provided so far?
a data point on a frame failure.

As I said, signing up to post a broken frame smacks of retribution.
you got me. or perhaps i don't think all frame failures are created equal.

but that would be a good data point for your thread on single posts and sour grapes. otherwise its irrelevant to the topic of this thread. the reason for posting has zero to do with severity or type of failure. rather than being constructive you are trying to tear down the source. smacks of rose colored glasses.

Thankfully the title is obscure enough it shouldn't show too high in google results.
fixed it for you. that way all who care to learn can find it in a google search. thanks!

I'm not defending the manufacturer but it definitely reeks of sour grapes.
and i am not calling them out.

And no explanation of how it broke. And it's not even your bike!
i alluded to it: flat landing from an over jump.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
And your sole contribution to the forum is second hand info and posting a broken bike frame with no context.
what other context would you like...trying to keep it on topic for you my precious mudguard. i know everyone wants you to turn this into a character assassination of me and derail from the topic of the thread.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I don't want any more context. I think the thread should be deleted or wait until we've heard from the owner of the bike as to what Pole or the shop say. Manufacturing defect, user error/abuse. Who knows?

1 - 20 of 153 Posts