Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just cleaning my turner in the house, because the garage is too cold for that type of stuff, and my cat kept meowing to go on top of it. So here is the result of that.
Lol

My turner dammit!!!

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
That's some spectacular wallpaper! Decorates the house to match the bike...nicely done.

My garage is too cold right now also: 60 degrees (24 outside). Love that move to heat it!

Brock...

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,860 Posts
ImaKlyde said:
That's some spectacular wallpaper! Decorates the house to match the bike...nicely done.

My garage is too cold right now also: 60 degrees (24 outside). Love that move to heat it!

Brock...
See my post from the Arizona board (Phoenix) for when it gets down to only 60;

I would HIGHLY encourage anyone that is out riding when it gets down to the "60s" to carry adequate supplies and if you can, a shelter. The best way to go about this is to probably carry a BOB trailer to put your shelter (one-man tents work great for this) and sleeping bag on. As most of you know, the Pugsly is a great bike for riding on the snow and soft surfaces. There are other options though and Nokian 3.0s are fairly popular as well. Just remember that your gears and suspension could actually freeze out here, the more complex your ride is the more possibility of having something not work. Carry water when you are on the move, but most of all bring an adequate heater with enough fuel. This way you can heat and boil water from the Tempe Town Lake. High energy food is a must and this is something you can't bring enough of. If you didn't bring a shelter, or conditions degrade enough, you might find yourself out there for days waiting for a stoplight to change or the lightrail to move off the road. If you haven't gotten to at least the halfway point and have taken your supplies down a third you should turn back. These days you may be able to rent a satallite phone if any big emergency arises. Luckily in the local area Omniflight (Native Air) provides pretty good coverage. Realize that when you have made the decision to endure this kind of adventure, you may get into trouble and could at least lose some digits due to frostbite. It's a lot better to survive to live the next day, so don't take any chances. There will always be those thrill-seekers that push the limits. Good luck and have fun, but be safe!
(60 degrees? You gotta be kidding, as soon as you start turning a wrench you're gunna be warm)

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, that wallpaper is old as hell, probably form 97 or so, all I know is it is very old, from the days when wallpaper was the ****. Also it had to have been in the 20's last night in the garage. Also looks like the mountain bike is going to be sitting for a while as they predict nothing but snow for the rest of this week and the coming week. I guess it looks like trainer and snow shoe time for me. The trails are also a mess because of the big ice storm we had last week. I went riding today, and there are branches and trees down everywhere. It is also the homer thing to have tacky couches and wallpaper, and what not, it makes you a true homer.
Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.