Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if it's OK to use Castrol Magnatec (5w/30) for RockShox semibath?
It says fully synthetic on the bottle, but I'd be a lot happier using it if somebody else has had decent results :thumbsup:

Normally I'd use TFTuned's lowers-mix, but what with the credit-crunch and all -times are hard!
(Also I've heard that engine oil can work better than suspension oil because it is designed for lubricating, rather than consistent damping.)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I dont think we have that exact oil here in the states, but it should be just fine. I have used mobil 1 synth on several different brand forks (including RS) over the last couple of years for bushing lube.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Magnatec Synth is higher end stuff out here. It should be fine, no problem, and can stand in for M1, or any other high end synthetic. Depending on which grade, it goes for upwards of 80€/5 liters here.

Makes me kind of regret not buying a few jugs of the Racing RS 10-60 for 22€ when my local Home Depot type store went out of business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.