Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
No helmet either. I wonder what happens when his leg doesn’t heal right? Casts make ppl go crazy I’ll have mine on for about 4 or 5 months, I’m kinda bummed I wont be able to ride. But seriously there is more to life than that over priced extruded heap your on. Read a book, or make something with your hands.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,798 Posts
monkeybaby said:
Last weekend Noble, this weekend Laguna. There is just no keeping this guy off the bike!:eekster:
By the looks of that top picture, his next injury could be a severed off tongue.:eek:

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,214 Posts
Interesting observation as to what resonates with some people that that they feel compelled to take a "hide behind the keyboard e-swipe".

More telling by some posts, is the number of weenies who were sheltered by Mommy and consequently never take any real risks in life.

When your non mountain biking friends and family tell you that you are insane for mountain biking....What is your reaction to that?
I suspect that it's difficult for you to try and convey the risk vs reward thing, eh?

I'm in a cast. It sucks. But, It's doing me a world of good to get out (off of the couch) and breathe some mountain air and retain some semblance of fitness. The positive vibes and support that I receive from people I run into on the trail inspires me. I'm not advocating nor promoting this to anyone...it's just something that's working for me.

If I fall on my ass and bust my other leg...rest assured, I'll be the last one to ask for any kind of sympathy.

I appreciate the concern of those people who can't think outside of their self imposed little comfort zones. No, really.

Frankie/Andrea...thanks for spending the day with me, yesterday!

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
dstepper said:
You guys act like he is out there hucking. I would be out there putting around on the flats like he is. Hard enough loosing the leg strengh, might as well try to keep the cardio up. I know thwere are other ways to do it...I suppose it is how much MBTing is in your blood.

Dean
I'm not sure why you chose my post to reply to? I was just teasing because of his views on shuttling, which IMO are correct at Noble.

Notice the ;) ????

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
burner said:
oh well, I ain't complaining, I enjoy the Darwin awards.
yea, lets see, riding a bike with one leg in full cast on ice, i'd say he wins the darwin award.
truely sad/pathetic/stupid to see. use this time to do other stuff, there is a big world out there!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Aquaholic said:
Interesting observation as to what resonates with some people that that they feel compelled to take a "hide behind the keyboard e-swipe".

More telling by some posts, is the number of weenies who were sheltered by Mommy and consequently never take any real risks in life.

When your non mountain biking friends and family tell you that you are insane for mountain biking....What is your reaction to that?
I suspect that it's difficult for you to try and convey the risk vs reward thing, eh?

I'm in a cast. It sucks. But, It's doing me a world of good to get out (off of the couch) and breathe some mountain air and retain some semblance of fitness. The positive vibes and support that I receive from people I run into on the trail inspires me. I'm not advocating nor promoting this to anyone...it's just something that's working for me.

If I fall on my ass and bust my other leg...rest assured, I'll be the last one to ask for any kind of sympathy.

I appreciate the concern of those people who can't think outside of their self imposed little comfort zones. No, really.

Frankie/Andrea...thanks for spending the day with me, yesterday!
not comfy zones....just want to see you heal faster so you will start taking some more pics

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,214 Posts
Hypocrite

dft said:
yea, lets see, riding a bike with one leg in full cast on ice, i'd say he wins the darwin award.
truely sad/pathetic/stupid to see. use this time to do other stuff, there is a big world out there!
Hey numbnuts.... you can STFU as well. You're a hypocrite. As I recall, you were out there riding some fairly aggressive stuff almost immediately after you got your cast off.

Spare me.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Aquaholic said:
don't take it so seriously, I think we all just enjoy giving each other a little sh!t on here. I know I'll find any excuse to mention the Darwin awards... always classic, and they made a movie of them.

sound like you need a ride :ciappa:

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
monkeybaby said:
Last weekend Noble, this weekend Laguna. There is just no keeping this guy off the bike!:eekster:
i say tear it up bro! back in my racing days i was out training with all kinds of injuries including a broken jaw. my whole mouth was wired shut and i was trying to keep in shape with only breathing through my nostrils. i felt like fainting once in a while but my legs were killing me from sitting still. one point i squeezed my jaw muscles a bit too hard in a technical spot and actually felt the healing bone fracture again. whatever. i aint no pu$$y. suck it up and be a man is what i say. do what makes you happy.

this sport in the early days was full of gritty men. i mean real men. even the women were men. around 1990 the sport got trendy and changed. a bunch of wusses started riding the trails. being safe, always feeling "comfortable" and going to races to do only one race became the norm. before this you rode like you were a kid with reckless abandon, you would ride in hot weather for 50 miles on a rigid bike that barely worked and you did EVERY race that a race promoter put on the bill (no picking and choosing which race you wanted to do). if a crank arm broke off you finished the ride, not turn back towards the truck. if you bonked on a race you finished it even if it meant crawling across the line hours later.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Aquaholic said:
Right on, Aqua! :thumbsup: What you're doing is actually inspiring. Keep on riding and heal soon.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.