Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
cassette

I just switched to an xt casstte from a 950 sram cassette. While in the middle chain ring I feel a grinding between the 3rd and 5th cog on the rear. I then switch to a new shimano xtr chain from a sram 951. The gringing is still there. I am running x7 shifters and an x9 rear derailer. Please help?????

I have a Maverick Matic.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey regulator,

I got the same bike, I've had mine for about 3 months now. I love mine too....but I'm still a newbie and I feel like I really can't give a worthy review. My buddy rode mine and he started a forum..."Matic derailleur hanger and a short review"...

I was hoping that you could provide some more feedback and maybe give a little review of your own.

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure, this is my first full suspension so I can only compare to an hardtail. My first goal with this bike was the weight. I am more of a cross country rider than a freerider. I have changed out a couple components to get the weight around 26-27lbs. The next goal was comfort for long rides in the saddle. My local trails are flat and tight singletrack. And the final goal was to have an adjustable long travel bike for road trips to the mountains.
All goals were achieved. I am able to have longer rides without being left behind. The only thing I lost from switching from a hardtail was being able to stand up and sprint, but I am now able to keep the same fast race pace while lasting longer.
I rode the bike stock for two weeks before I switched any components. I the only thing I would recommend switching out would be the sram 950 chain. This chain slipped a little only while hammering on the pedals. I switched chains and cassette(weight) and no more problems. This bike ride very smoothe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.