Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI

I am building a 05 enduro for all mountain duties. I have a 12 - 26 rear sram cassette recommended from the LBS.

is this the right option for me. I will be matched to a standard 'Edit' 3 ring XT crackset

Rb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just took it back, no problems but the guy only had a 11- 32 deore in stock, so I had to get that instead.........shame really as everything else I have is sram.

Rb
 

·
Cuánto pesa?
Joined
·
7,823 Posts
bainsey said:
just took it back, no problems but the guy only had a 11- 32 deore in stock, so I had to get that instead.........shame really as everything else I have is sram.
Rb
Its still better then running a 12x26, you can always order a SRAM cassette from one of the online shops like (click>) bluesky cycling (cassettes)..They have a nice price on the 07' Sram PG-990 for $75..Its a quarter of a pound lighter then the Deroe :thumbsup:

Jake
 

·
Vaginatarian
Joined
·
5,686 Posts
Jake Pay said:
Its still better then running a 12x26, you can always order a SRAM cassette from one of the online shops like (click>) bluesky cycling (cassettes)..They have a nice price on the 07' Sram PG-990 for $75..Its a quarter of a pound lighter then the Deroe :thumbsup:

Jake
according to weight weenies, the 06 pg990 weighs 271g, the 06 deore xt 299 thats 28 grams not a quarter lb.
 

·
Cuánto pesa?
Joined
·
7,823 Posts
dan0 said:
according to weight weenies, the 06 pg990 weighs 271g, the 06 deore xt 299 thats 28 grams not a quarter lb.
I didnt read any mention of a XT cassette, accept by you..
Deore 358g (11x32) thats 187grams heavier, I stand corrected..Its over 6 1/4ounces, (.4123 of a pound) heavier..My bad :rolleyes:

bainsey said:
just took it back, no problems but the guy only had a 11- 32 deore in stock, so I had to get that instead.........shame really as everything else I have is sram.
Rb
>>>>>>>:ihih:>>Jake
 

·
Vaginatarian
Joined
·
5,686 Posts
Jake Pay said:
I didnt read any mention of a XT cassette, accept by you..
Deore 358g (11x32) thats 187grams heavier, I stand corrected..Its over 6 1/4ounces, (.4123 of a pound) heavier..My bad :rolleyes:


>>>>>>>:ihih:>>Jake
well Deore lx or Deore xt? the lx in 2003 441g, the Deore xt 2005 252g, and the xtr 220g 2007
the pg 990 294.5g in 2004, 295g in 2005, and 271g in 2006
so which is it ?
Deore has like 7 models, and why would you compare the weight of the Deore LX with the Pg990? wouldnt it be apples to apples to compare it with the xtr ? and if your into weight why would you even be looking at Deore? your comment is like saying the shimano xtr crankset is 2 oz. lighter the truvativ. doesnt mean anything without the model # , and at least be in the same category:eek:ut:
 

·
Cuánto pesa?
Joined
·
7,823 Posts
Read the thread..all of it..not just where you came in..its not about you..

dan0 said:
well Deore lx or Deore xt? the lx in 2003 441g, the Deore xt 2005 252g, and the xtr 220g 2007
the pg 990 294.5g in 2004, 295g in 2005, and 271g in 2006
so which is it ?
Deore has like 7 models, and why would you compare the weight of the Deore LX with the Pg990? wouldnt it be apples to apples to compare it with the xtr ? and if your into weight why would you even be looking at Deore? your comment is like saying the shimano xtr crankset is 2 oz. lighter the truvativ. doesnt mean anything without the model # , and at least be in the same category:eek:ut:
bainsey said he got a deore..He didn't say he got a deore xt or a deore lx..
bainsey said:
just took it back, no problems but the guy only had a 11- 32 deore in stock, so I had to get that instead.........shame really as everything else I have is sram.
Why are you so wanting to add more letters to the name..
You said:
according to weight weenies, the 06 pg990 weighs 271g, the 06 deore xt 299 thats 28 grams not a quarter lb.
Me said:
I didnt read any mention of a XT cassette, accept by you..
Deore 358g (11x32) thats 187grams heavier, I stand corrected..Its over 6 1/4ounces, (.4123 of a pound) heavier..My bad
I'll admit my math is wrong, its only 87g heavier..http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings/components.php?type=cassettes
WW said:
Shimano Deore CS-HG50 ? 11-32 9-speed 358 g
So we can bring an end to this BS..You can be right on all counts..I'll even raise my surrender flag..

Jake
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its just the plain old deore cassette sprocket. nothing fancy.....but it get me up and running.and yes I belive an upgrade at a later date is on the cards..
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top