Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Cascade Creampuff is an endurance mtb race held in Westfir, Oregon. It was one of the first 100 mile mtb races, and continues to challenge racers with 50+ miles of singletrack and 50 miles of gravel roads, and over 14,000 feet of climbing. The trails are rough and have alot of steep climbs to wear racers out. The downhills leave little room for error. Even so, every racer had huge smiles on their faces all day long, and everyone had a good time, even if they didn't finish the 106 miles.

https://www.cascadecreampuff.com/

I have alot of photos, so I'll split them into 2 threads. The second thread will have photos from Aid 2, and Aid 1, including finish line photos.
I'll have even more pics in my photobucket folder, and if any racers are looking for pics of themselves, contact me and I'll try and find any that I have.

Photobucket folder for more pics:
https://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/sasquatchmtb/Cascade Creampuff 2008/

First a few pics from the early morning, around 6am and 11 miles into the race.

Photos from Tire Mtn and Alpine trail

·
white boy extraordinaire
241 Posts
I have to say that those are the type of trails that I want to be on.

What trail system is this race on? Any stats on elevation gain?

Thanks

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beware that the results posted have errors found, so don't worry if your time looks wrong. Just let Scott taylor know there's an issue, and he has probably already found it.

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
WOW, great shots & THANKS!

I was numbered some how..SS1 (the luck of early registration). I wasn't able to finish (overgeared even with a 32:20 gear ratio, and ended up becoming a cramp-fest).

Had a great time however and OH WOW, the support was indeed the best ever. Lots of wonderful, supportive people at each aid station. And the trails were a return to the forest primeval. I was expecting a dinosaur to pop out from all the giant ferns and huge trees.

Thanks again to Scott and all the volunteers. Speaking of which, my 3 yr old was the one that got the winning ticket for the CK wheel set that went to Jonny Sproket (volunteer extra-ordinare).

I may attempt it again, maybe when the kids are grown up and I can spend time on all day rides again. Otherwise wonderful experience but, noooo joke.

ps-if you are in the area you MUST drive up Hwy 58...beautiful.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fire horse said:
I may attempt it again, maybe when the kids are grown up and I can spend time on all day rides again.
Who are you kidding? You'll be back again next year, trying again! It's in your blood now.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.