Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and found one post talking about the "N. Trail" and "Indian Hills" trails. Does anyone have anymore info on trails out there? Details on how to get there? Havn't been to Casa Grande since the day I was born but I would like to go check out some trails if they are worth while. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Casa Grande Mountain has some good trails the North Trail has some reviews in the mtbr trail review section. It's 5 miles long and worth the trip, switchbacks, climbs, a bridge over a 10 foot deep wash ,hillside twisty singletrack all in a small area. Theres a connector trail from the east saddle to the south trails. Connector trail starts with crazy twisty singletrack then goes to a nice flowing trail to the south side which is where there are 10 miles of expert trails. Florence Blvd. or Jimme Kerr Blvd. exit off of I-10, then west to Peart Rd.,left or south to the end, Peart goes under I-8 and makes a sharp left then right to a parking area. Take the bike back towards I-8 and make a right on the dirt road along the highway. At about a 1/2 mile there's a old fence on the right, you turn in just after the fence where the bike tracks are and head for the lone Saguaro. You can see the start there and it's all single track. Or you can PM me and I'll see if I can meet you there. Don't expect me to be a good rider tho I'm better at building trail now than riding it. And I don't do the south side much anymore, my Wife calls them the Kervorkian Trails, I always come back bloody.

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks alot for the detailed directions CgCharlie. Sounds like there is quite abit of fun out there. I'll write your directions down and PM you for a ride sometime out there. Im not fast either, just love to ride, take my time and enjoy the scenery. Thanks again

PS. I believe it was your post I pulled up with the search. Doesn't sound like to many people ride out there is my guess. Is it busy?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Konapdlr said:
Hey thanks alot for the detailed directions CgCharlie. Sounds like there is quite abit of fun out there. I'll write your directions down and PM you for a ride sometime out there. Im not fast either, just love to ride, take my time and enjoy the scenery. Thanks again

PS. I believe it was your post I pulled up with the search. Doesn't sound like to many people ride out there is my guess. Is it busy?
There's only about a dozen or so regular mountain bikers in CG but with the way building is going I'm starting to run into new riders quite a bit. I've also had the pleasure of meeting riders who read the review and stop while traveling thru Az. There are also about 50 miles of trail north of the city in Indians Hills but they have been ravaged by quads and motorcycles. Casa Grande Mountain trails have been thought out with designs that aren't that friendly to motorized play(read your rant). Looking forward to riding with you.

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
Worth the trip

Konapdlr said:

Hey Konapdlr,
I would definitely take the trip out there to ride the Northside of CG mountain. I've rode that trail a couple of times and its worth the trip. I have yet to ride the southside of the mountain but still plan on doing it one of these days. I haven't rode out there for awhile, Its about time for me to though.

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bgrafk said:
Hey Konapdlr,
I would definitely take the trip out there to ride the Northside of CG mountain. I've rode that trail a couple of times and its worth the trip. I have yet to ride the southside of the mountain but still plan on doing it one of these days. I haven't rode out there for awhile, Its about time for me to though.
Well Hey...if you and CGCharlie want to hook up for a ride sometime lets do it. Be nice to have someone show me the trail(s). And meet a couple more Mt Bikers. I'm off on Sunday/Mondays. Nice avatar by the way. I havn't been able to find a cross avatar online yet that I like. Still searchin.

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
Konapdlr said:
Well Hey...if you and CGCharlie want to hook up for a ride sometime lets do it. Be nice to have someone show me the trail(s). And meet a couple more Mt Bikers. I'm off on Sunday/Mondays. Nice avatar by the way. I havn't been able to find a cross avatar online yet that I like. Still searchin.
ya man, I'll probably be down there this weekend or next (in-laws live out there) Mr. CGCharlie's a good guy. :)
Oh, and thanks regarding the avatar, I made it being bored at work :D

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about Sunday @ 2:30-3:00ish? After the 20th of this month, I will be out of town for a month. Going back to Vegas (gonna ride my trail out there) and then up to Idaho (hope to ride, weather permitting). I still cant decide whether to take the SS or the FS. Don't know the trails in Idaho.
So, If this weekend doesn't work maybe we all could hook up in a month or so. Let me know.

·
more beers, lees gears.
1,191 Posts
Id love to join you guys if you go.
A buddy and I tried to find it and we where trying to ride in on the jeep trail. it was pretty grnarly and wasnt fun. We then came out, and went west, then ended up on a dirt road, that lead to a parking lot near the radio tower.

Anyway, Id love to join you guys on a weekend trip. I live out in maricopa, so im only about 20 minutes away.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm doing some trail work Sunday afternoon. I'll be at the end of Peart Rd. at 1:00pm. I ride out to the work area. I can show you the single track and take you out to the new trail. I just heard some of the new trail was destroyed by a group of motorcycles and quads so I'll be looking for a new route that's not as friendly to motors. If you can't make it I'll PM you when we can all get together. That parking lot you got to on the west side is on National Guard property. Waiting for the city to aquire that parcel so we can ride there.

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im thinking of going Sunday....haven't locked myself into it yet. But, pretty sure I am going to end up there probably around 2:00.

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cgcharlie said:
PM'd you my phone # call if you can make it by 2 and I'll be at the end of Peart.
Pm'd you back.......Im a loser! Been running around all morning and when I finally settled down I looked at the time and it was 1:00. Guess I'll just go hit Hawes, again. Got some new CB Candies today for the FS though!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm a new rider here in CG and wanted to do the "Indian Hills" trail but the directions I got were incomplete; after I pass the freeway on Pinal do I turn right or keep going straight? And the north trail, is the trail head easy to find? I want to try both trails this weekend but don't want to get lost finding them, any help would be great.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to CG! The Indian Hills trails start on "Gas Line Road" off of Val Vista Blvd. west of Pinal Ave. Most of the trails there are beat up by Quads and Motorcycles and the area has become a dump site. There are trails on the Reservation but they are closed and off limits. The most used trails are on Casa Grande Mountain 3-20 miles of mostly singletrack, If you go to the end of the pavement on Peart Rd. park and head east on the dirt road along I-8, After 1/4 mile you'll see a old barbed fence on the right and a pull in for 4X4's the North Trail is hard to miss, it start's at the lone saguaro. I don't know about riding Saturday but Sunday morning at 6:30 I'll be at Casa Grand Mountain. I'd recomend riding with a local the first time on either trail. P.M. me or reply here about Sunday morning.

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
You still working on the trail on the other side, Charlie?
Maybe I'll try and make it out there on Sunday morning for an early morning ride before visiting the in-laws. Maybe I can get my wife to go for a ride too.
6:30 you say?

·
Registered
179 Posts
So I take it the Indian Hills trails are not worth even riding? I could more than likely meet up with you at 6:30 on Sunday. The only reason I was interested in the Indian Hills trails is because I live off of McCartney road and ValVista is a short ride from my house. I ride a flat quad trail next to the freeway between McCartney and ValVista for fun sometimes and to practice bunny hops outta washes and such. I'll PM you if I can't make it Sunday.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bgrafk said:
You still working on the trail on the other side, Charlie?
Maybe I'll try and make it out there on Sunday morning for an early morning ride before visiting the in-laws. Maybe I can get my wife to go for a ride too.
6:30 you say?
I've been doing mostly maintaince on the north trails but this chilly 96 degree weather has got me ready for more trail. We'll be there at 6:30 see you then. And of course talk your wife into going.

·
Registered
268 Posts
AZSunGod said:
So I take it the Indian Hills trails are not worth even riding? I could more than likely meet up with you at 6:30 on Sunday. The only reason I was interested in the Indian Hills trails is because I live off of McCartney road and ValVista is a short ride from my house. I ride a flat quad trail next to the freeway between McCartney and ValVista for fun sometimes and to practice bunny hops outta washes and such. I'll PM you if I can't make it Sunday.[/QU
I wouldn't say there not worth riding a few guys are still there most every weekend. There's no trail maintainence and it's privately owned land so there won't be any. I've gotten disgusted with the mess Quads make of the trails plus the dumping. If you want to try it I'll be happy to show you around out there. If you got a map from the LBS you'll find it's worthless but all the local riders will show and give you trail info.
I ride 3-5 times a week at CG Mountain when the weather cools the trails are from beginner to extreme. There's about 20-25 people from casual riders to hard core racers so you can find a ride most weekends.
Looking forward to meeting you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.