Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Reba has seen better days. So time for a rigid fork. And I stumbled upon Carver forks. So the 2 forks are their XC 490 or Trail 490.

Does anyone have any experience with the XC fork?

a week ago I asked about the boost version, but I have sold that bike. So now looking at stuff for my niner.

·
Registered
947 Posts
No experience with the 490, but I rode the crap out of the xc470 for 5 years on my Krampus. Killer fork and amazing customer service from Bikeman/Carver.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,834 Posts
Well my Reba has seen better days. So time for a rigid fork. And I stumbled upon Carver forks. So the 2 forks are their XC 490 or Trail 490.

Does anyone have any experience with the XC fork?.
What bike is it going on? How much do you weigh? What kind of riding do you do?

·
2,675 Posts
I had an XC490 on a grave bike and I loved it. I rode plenty of singletrack with it and it handled everything. Only quirk was some fore-aft flex under hard braking but I think that's pretty normal for rigid forks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OP did you end up getting the Carver XC fork? I'm also interested in some impressions of it, as I would like to upgrade on my Access Chinook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.