Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there was anybody here that rides these trails because I live right down the street and go there a lot.

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
Oh yeah. I ride and work on those trails often. In fact, if the weather cooperates, I'll be there Friday. The true name of the place now is Loyce Harpe Park. Go look for Trebor's post down the page about a central FL race series. Two of the races are at LHP. And check out www.ridgeriders.net

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live in Tampa and make the trip at least once a month with Alafia being my home trail. I LOVE Carter Road (don't think I'll be able to call it Loyce Harp) and it seems that there are some new things everytime I go.

When is your next ride out there?

·
I hate that name.
1,643 Posts
lroog said:
I live in Tampa and make the trip at least once a month with Alafia being my home trail. I LOVE Carter Road (don't think I'll be able to call it Loyce Harp)
I live in the TnC part of Tampa, out past the airport, and Alafia and Carter were always about the same distance, time wise, but I recently worked out a new route to get to LHP that cuts 5-10 minutes off the time, and saves the toll money for the parkway:thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gte819s said:
Havent been to carter / LHP in ages. What's trail conditions right now? Swampy, sandy, packed?? Any bug or spider probs?
The conditions are perfect when it isn't raining. I haven't had any spider problems but then again I'm usually not the first person in the morning hitting the trails and catching all the webs on my face. Only a few sandy parts but it adds to the variety of terrain out there. If you go to ridgeriders.net you can find a map of the trails. In the back there are some "finger" trails, and there is some crazy **** on those trails. I don't know if I can make it out there on Friday but I hope so. My wife has been dying to go with me since I tuned her bike. If anybody wants to meet up shoot me a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.