Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
person
Joined
·
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one would like to see a 5 door Civic like they have in Europe but in the style of the American model. As well as the 1.2L engine option for the fit because if you going to have a car that size it should at least get 45 MPG. Basically a lot of European cars appeal to me.

What cars would you like to see?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
not a car but 52 mpg!

a mazda b2000 DIESEL 5 spd. pickup that got an honest 52 mpg running all over eastern kentucky in delivering medical equipment around 1990. it had around 120k on it at that time. nothing in the way of fancy- no air, no power windows, just great mileage. it did burn ground wires though about every six months.
 

·
since 4/10/2009
Joined
·
32,849 Posts
Bring small diesel pickups to the USA!!!!! I want a 4x4 pickup in the small-midsize category with an extended cab (not a 4 door crew cab) and a regular length bed (none of this shorty bed BS) with a diesel engine in it.
 

·
ballbuster
Joined
·
12,718 Posts
Got a few

G-VegasMTBiker said:
I for one would like to see a 5 door Civic like they have in Europe but in the style of the American model. As well as the 1.2L engine option for the fit because if you going to have a car that size it should at least get 45 MPG. Basically a lot of European cars appeal to me.

What cars would you like to see?
Rabbit pickup (diesel? that would rock). A small front wheel drive pickup that can take a 750 pound load, a small engine so it gets good mileage, and only weighs like 1800 pounds so the small engine still feels peppy when unloaded. Update with ABS, Airbags, Disc brakes all around, TDI, and ESP.

Honda Insight. An all aluminum frame, awsome mileage, good performance, great safety ratings, and only weighs like 1800 pounds.

VW Touran. Its been in Eurpoe for a while, but I would love one of these in the US. It's basically a taller VW Golf, like a minivan.... kinda like a Subaru Forrester.

VW Westfalia camper with AWD. Kinda like the old Vanagon Syncro Westfalia, but updated with ABS, Airbags, updated safety, and front engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
G-VegasMTBiker said:
I for one would like to see a 5 door Civic like they have in Europe but in the style of the American model. As well as the 1.2L engine option for the fit because if you going to have a car that size it should at least get 45 MPG. Basically a lot of European cars appeal to me.

What cars would you like to see?
Ciroen, a French company, used to make tha AX. The 3 door 1.3 litre diesel version would get over 85mpg US! Imperial mpg was over 100mpg!!! This was before AC, airbags, side impact bars etc and it had an all aluminium engine so it was really light and quite nippy! my mate had one and it was a good car... fold the rear seats down and throw 2 bikes in the back with all your kit.

Just a pity it was made by those French Bas.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
tom2304 said:
My next car needs to be:

4x4
Convertible
Powerful yet does not massacre fuel (diesel would be nice)
Good stereo
Under $5000.

Somebody make one already.
It has been made and I have one. However, gas sucks and it is not that powerful...



That black top comes off and its like a convertible. I also put tube doors on it.

This is what I want them to make! A 4Runner/FJ Cruiser mix!



Or an FJ Convertible



And finally... the Tundra Deisel

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
i'll probably get flamed

any car that when bought could be expected with regular maintenance to go 250,000+ miles. Seems like they dont exist any more.
so heres the deal:
safe
250,000+ miles with regular maintenance
35+ mpg

I have a 1987 volvo 240 manual that at 305,000 miles still got 29 miles per gallon...this was for a big steel box. WTF car makers?? Its now 20 years later, and i still have yet to see a car that matches this?

dont give me that crap about how new cars weigh more due to more safety features, that car was a tank that probably weighed 2.5 tons with lots of steel. Auto industry = all aesthetics and no progress.
 

·
ride like you stole it
Joined
·
680 Posts
pretty much any diesel can make it to 200000+ miles without any major maintenance, I've even heard of some pick-ups turning over the odometer completely with out an engine rebuild (thats over 1,000,000 miles for those of you who don't know)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,484 Posts
Station Wagons!

Not just a station wagon but one that doesn't cost $30,000 to $40,000 (Volvo, Audi, BMW, Mercedes). Bring back the Accord or Camry wagons. Mid-sized vehicles that fit everything but don't suck on mpg.

I'm willing to shout that out but no one is listening. An SUV is not a station wagon. Its a G.D. truck that does everything wrong. Why can't anyone but Volkswagen understand this? What happend to the good old Accord, Camry, Corolla, etc wagons that got 30 + mpg highway and performed well?

When did it all go wrong? I do not want a pickup truck. I do not want a Mini van, etc. I have settled for a Cross Over (Subaru Legacy Outback, LL Bean Edition). Very nice vehicle but if there was anything but a Passat/Audi, BMW, Volvo, Mercedes wagon alternative, I would have gone that way.

Our other vehicle is a Mini Cooper so small is great most of the time and 40 + mpg highway is close to heaven these days.
 

·
Professional lurker
Joined
·
218 Posts
dompedro3 said:
any car that when bought could be expected with regular maintenance to go 250,000+ miles. Seems like they dont exist any more.
so heres the deal:
safe
250,000+ miles with regular maintenance
35+ mpg

I have a 1987 volvo 240 manual that at 305,000 miles still got 29 miles per gallon...this was for a big steel box. WTF car makers?? Its now 20 years later, and i still have yet to see a car that matches this?

dont give me that crap about how new cars weigh more due to more safety features, that car was a tank that probably weighed 2.5 tons with lots of steel. Auto industry = all aesthetics and no progress.
I miss my brick...I agree. Bring back the 240. It was like driving a single speed. to go fast you had to keep it rolling.
 

·
Single Speed Junkie
Joined
·
3,116 Posts
ChapmanMTB27 said:
It has been made and I have one. However, gas sucks and it is not that powerful...



That black top comes off and its like a convertible. I also put tube doors on it.

This is what I want them to make! A 4Runner/FJ Cruiser mix!



Or an FJ Convertible

Now only if the new FJ was a utility vehicle. Was suppose to compete with the Honda Element in terms of functionality and think that Toyota fell flat on their face on this one. Sure it looks nice, but can I fit my bike in the back? Only Large mini-van or element has been able to fit the bill so far. Yet till I find the right vehicle The old Jeep will do.
 
1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top