Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a small pouch/strap I could use to carry CO2 and a multitool under my seat. This is something for short 1 hour rides where I don't want to use a pack. I also don't want to strap a tube to my bike (which is all of the under seat solutions I've seen), especially for the short rides where I would carry my tools this way. 10 years and I've never needed a tube to fix a tubeless tire, knock on wood.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Blackburn makes the Grid MTB Seat Bag, a simple little case that straps under the back of the saddle and works with droppers. I fit a 2.4" 29 tube, mini tool and levers in mine and there's still room for a couple of CO2 cartridges and inflator.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
+1 for Ortlieb.

I've been using Ortlieb's Micro Two dry pouch's for about a year now on a couple of bikes. Have a quick release mounted to the saddle rails and works with dropper posts. Plenty of room for a Crank Bros. multi-tool, four 20 gram CO2 cartridges with valve, red shop rag (keeps things from rattling), and keys. Could stuff more in there if I unrolled it (rolls up like any dry bag). Easy to access stuff. Stays 100% dry inside. Best seat pouch I've ever used.

https://ortliebusa.com/product/micro-two/

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I'm with Mac, do you have a dropper post? I use a Bontrager Elite micro seat pack that tucks up to the rails nicely. Still plenty of clearance to the rear wheel with my dropper post down. Has enough space for a large multi tool, tire levers, CO2 and plugs.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.